MUNAFIQ (مُنَاف ِق) = HYPOCRITE

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      MUNAFIQ ( مُنَافِق) = HYPOCRITE
      (mim, nun, alif, fa', qaf

      *in Arabic, many human nouns (students, hypocrites, etc.) are made plural by adding ونَ or ينَ to the end as in الْمُنَافِقِينَ in the quoted ayah. Whether the ending is one or the other depends on the grammatical form of the sentence.

      -a very loose rule is that direct objects (e.g. "Muslims help ORPHANS") and objects of a preposition "The Muslim gave his house to the REFUGEE") end with ونَ

      "Ya Ayyuha an-nabiyyu ittaqa Allah wa la tuti`i al-kafirina wa al-munafiqina inna Allah kana `aliman hakiman"

      33:1 O Prophet! Fear Allah, and hearken not to the Unbelievers and the Hypocrites: verily Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom.

      يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ اتَّقِ اللَّهَ وَلَا تُطِعِ الْكَافِرِينَ وَالْمُنَافِقِينَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا

      REVIEW

      An-Nas ( النَّاس ) = MANKIND

      (alif, lam - nun, alif, sin )

       Qul 'A`ūdhu Birabbi An-Nāsi

      114.001 Say: I seek refuge with the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind,

      قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ

      Inna Al-Ladhīna Kafarū Wa Mātū Wa Hum Kuffārun 'Ūlā'ika `Alayhim La`natu Allāhi Wa Al-Malā'ikati Wa An-Nāsi 'Ajma`īna

      2.161 Those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- on them is God's curse, and the curse of angels, and of all mankind ;

          إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَمَاتُوا وَهُمْ كُفَّارٌ أُوْلَائِكَ عَلَيْهِمْ لَعْنَةُ اللَّهِ وَالْمَلاَئِكَةِ وَالنَّاسِ أَجْمَعِينَ