YAS'AL (يَسْأَل) = TO QUESTION/ASK

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2006

      YAS'AL ( يَسْأَل) = TO QUESTION/ASK
      (ya', sin, hamzah on alif, lam)

      "Li yas'ala as-sadiqina `an sidqihim wa a`adda lil-kafirina `adhaban aliman"

      33:8 That ((Allah)) may question the (custodians) of Truth concerning the Truth they (were charged with): And He has prepared for the Unbelievers a grievous Penalty.
      لِيَسْأَلَ الصَّادِقِينَ عَن صِدْقِهِمْ وَأَعَدَّ لِلْكَافِرِينَ عَذَابًا أَلِيمًا

      DARR (ضَرُّ ) = HURT

      (Dad, ra with shaddah)

      Wa ittakhadhu min dunihi alihatan la yakhluquna shay'an wahum yukhlaquna wa la yamlikuna lianfusihim darran wa la naf`an wa la yamlikuna mawtan wa la hayatan wa la nushuran

      25:3 Yet have they taken, besides him, gods that can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves; nor can they control death nor life nor resurrection.

          وَاتَّخَذُوا مِن دُونِهِ آلِهَةً لَّا يَخْلُقُونَ شَيْئًا وَهُمْ يُخْلَقُونَ وَلَا يَمْلِكُونَ لِأَنفُسِهِمْ ضَرًّا وَلَا نَفْعًا وَلَا يَمْلِكُونَ مَوْتًا وَلَا حَيَاةً وَلَا نُشُورًا

      Yad`u la man darruhu aqrabu min naf`ihi labi'sa al-mawla wa labi'sa al-`ashir

      22:13 (Perhaps) they call on one whose hurt is nearer than his profit: evil, indeed, is the patron, and evil the companion (or help)!

          يَدْعُو لَمَن ضَرُّهُ أَقْرَبُ مِن نَّفْعِهِ لَبِئْسَ الْمَوْلَى وَلَبِئْسَ الْعَشِيرُ