`ANKABUT (عَنكَبُوت) = SPIDER

    `ANKABUT ( ÚóäßóÈõæÊ) = SPIDER (`ayn, nun, kaf, ba , waw, ta ) 29:41 The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider,
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2006
      `ANKABUT ( عَنكَبُوت) = SPIDER

      (`ayn, nun, kaf, ba', waw, ta' )

      29:41 The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider's house;- if they but knew.

          مَثَلُ الَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ أَوْلِيَاء كَمَثَلِ الْعَنكَبُوتِ اتَّخَذَتْ بَيْتًا وَإِنَّ أَوْهَنَ الْبُيُوتِ لَبَيْتُ الْعَنكَبُوتِ لَوْ كَانُوا يَعْلَمُونَ

      Mathalu al-ladhina ittakhadhu min duni Allahi awliya kamathali al-`ankabuti ittakhadhat baytan wa inna awhana al-buyuti labaytu al-`ankabuti law kanu ya`lamuna

      ATHAR ( آثَارِ) = FOOTSTEPS

      (alif with maD, tha, alif, ra )

      "Qala dhalika ma kunna nabghi fartadda `ala atharihima qasasan"

      18:64 Moses said: "That was what we were seeking after:" So they went back on their footsteps, following (the path they had come).

      قَالَ ذَلِكَ مَا كُنَّا نَبْغِ فَارْتَدَّا عَلَى آثَارِهِمَا قَصَصًا

      "Fahum `ala atharihim yuhra`una"

      37:70 So they (too) were rushed down on their footsteps!

      فَهُمْ عَلَى آثَارِهِمْ يُهْرَعُونَ