QADAR (قَدَر) = MEASURE

  • Lena KHAN
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 11:19 AM

      QADAR ( قَدَر) = MEASURE*
      (qaf, dal, rar)
      *like all words on this list, this is one definition/usage; there are others.

      wa in m in shay'in illa `inda khaja'inuhu wa ma nunajjiluhu illa bi qadarin mu`lum

      15:21 And there is not a thing but with Us are the stores thereof. And We send it not down save in appointed measure. (Pickthall)

          وَإِن مِّن شَيْءٍ إِلاَّ عِندَنَا خَزَائِنُهُ وَمَا نُنَزِّلُهُ إِلاَّ بِقَدَرٍ مَّعْلُوم

      wa anzalna min as-sma'i ma'an bi qadarin fa askannahu fi al-ardi wa inna `ala dhahabin bihi la qadiruna

      23:18 And We send down water from the sky according to (due) measure, and We cause it to soak in the soil; and We certainly are able to drain it off (with ease).

          وَأَنزَلْنَا مِنَ السَّمَاء مَاء بِ قَدَرٍ فَأَسْكَنَّاهُ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَإِنَّا عَلَى ذَهَابٍ بِهِ لَقَادِرُونَ

      ABWAB ( أَبْوَاب ) = DOORS

      (hamzah on the alif, ba', waw, alif, ba' )

      Wa futihati as-sama'u fa kanat abwaban

      78:19 And the heavens shall be opened as if there were doors,

          وَفُتِحَتِ السَّمَاء فَكَانَتْ أَبْوَابً

      Jannati `adnin mufattahatan lahumu al-abwabu

      38:50 Gardens of Eternity, whose doors will (ever) be open to them;

          جَنَّاتِ عَدْنٍ مُّفَتَّحَةً لَّهُمُ الْأَبْوَابُ