ANZALNA (أَنزَلْن َا) = WE SENT DOWN

    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2006
      ANZALNA (أَنزَلْنَا) = WE SENT DOWN
      (hamzah on the alif, nun, zay, lam, nun)

      ma anzalna `alayka al-qur'ana litashqa

      20:2 We have not sent down the Qur'an to thee to be (an occasion) for thy distress,

          مَا أَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْكَ الْقُرْآنَ لِتَشْقَى

      wa laqad anzalna ilayka ayatin biyyinatin wa ma yakfuru bihi illa al-fasiquna

      2:99 We have sent down to thee Manifest Signs (ayat); and none reject them but those who are perverse.

          وَلَقَدْ أَنزَلْنَآ إِلَيْكَ آيَاتٍ بَيِّنَاتٍ وَمَا يَكْفُرُ بِهَا إِلاَّ الْفَاسِقُون

      AL-AWWALIN* ( الأوَّلين ) = THE ANCIENTS
      (alif, lam - hamza, waw with shaddah, lam, ya', nun)
      *for the Arabic speakers, this form is used here because it is so often used in the majrur form in the Qur'an

      "La yu'minun bihi wa qad khalaat sunnatu al-awwalin. "

      15:13 "That they should not believe in the (Message); but the ways of the ancients have passed away."

      "Wa idha qila lahum madha anjala rabbukum qalu asatiru al-awwalin"

      16:24 "When it is said to them, 'What is it that your Lord has revealed?' they say, 'Tales of the ancients!'"