1ABADA/ABADAN = forever, never

  • leeeeenz
    Jan 30, 2006
      The word abada appears several times in phrases like "...beneath which rivers flow, abiding therein forever..."

      "Their reward is with Allah: Gardens of Eternity, beneath which rivers flow; they will dwell therein forever; Allah well pleased with them, and they with Him: all this for such as fear their Lord and Cherisher." (Qur'an 98:8)

      FOREVER

      ...ma kasini fihi abadan...

      (18:3) (A state of bliss) in which they shall dwell forever.

      NEVER

      ...Qala ya Musa inna lan nad khulaha abadan...

      (5:24) They said: O Moses, behold! never shall we enter that land.

      Alahumma inni as-`aluka fahm an-nabiyya wa hifdh al-mursalin al-muqarrabin!

      Oh Allah! I ask you for the understanding of the prophets and the memory of the messengers, those nearest to you!