173AQSAMU (أَقْسَمُوا) = THEY SWORE

    Sep 2, 2006
      AQSAMU ( أَقْسَمُوا) = THEY SWORE

      (hamzah on alif, qaf, sin, min, waw, alif that is not pronounced)

      5:53 And those who believe will say: "Are these the men who swore their strongest OATHs by Allah, that they were with you?" All that they do will be in vain, and they will fall into (nothing but) ruin.

          وَيَقُولُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ أَهَـؤُلاء الَّذِينَ أَقْسَمُواْ بِاللّهِ جَهْدَ أَيْمَانِهِمْ إِنَّهُمْ لَمَعَكُمْ حَبِطَتْ أَعْمَالُهُمْ فَأَصْبَحُواْ خَاسِرِينَ

      wa yaqulu al-ladhina a ha'ula'i al-ladhina aqsamu bi Allahi jahda aymanihim innahum lama`akum habitat a`maluhum fa'asbahu khasirin

      REVIEW

      ASHABU ( أَصْحَاب)= COMPANIONS

      (hamzah on the alif, Sad, Ha, alif, ba')

      "Wa al-ladhina kafaru wa akadh-dhabu bi ayatina ula'ika ashabu al-jahim."

      5:10 Those who reject faith and deny our signs will be companions of the Hell-fire.

      وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ وَكَذَّبُواْ بِآيَاتِنَا أُوْلَـئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الْجَحِيمِ

      "Bala man kawaba sayyi'atan wa ahatat bihi khati'atuhu fa ula'ika ashabu an-nari hum fihi khaliduna"

      2:81 Nay, those who seek gain in evil, and are girt round by their sins,- they are companions of the Fire: Therein shall they abide (For ever).

      بَلَى مَن كَسَبَ سَيِّئَةً وَأَحَاطَتْ بِهِ خَطِيـئَتُهُ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ أَصْحَابُ النَّارِ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ