Are You Content In Being Mediocre?

  • Tippy, Alfred & Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 7:20 AM
      This article may be freely copied or used under the
      express condition it remain intact and un-changed
      from original content.

      Are You Content In Being Mediocre?
      By: Dave Cole

      Let me tell you about Matt.

      Matt is one of my 13 year old ballplayers. A great kid,
      wonderful personality, a straight A student in school, is
      in the gifted program at school. Matt can do anything
      well he really wants to do.

      But Matt is on my team because his mother thinks he spends
      too much time in the books and doesn't get enough physical
      activity. She may be right, but Matt is not the kind
      of ballplayer, he could be, simply because he's there
      because of mom.

      Matt comes out to practice and the games and does the
      minimum possible to get by.

      Matt has the physical talents and the ability to be a very
      good ballplayer, but he doesn't want to be there, he's
      there because his mom makes him come.

      Maybe good, maybe bad, but the sad part is, if Matt
      applied himself and really wanted to be a good ball player,
      he could be. But he lolligags around and doesn't hustle and
      do what it takes to be a good player. So he sits the bench
      a lot. And of course, gets discouraged because he isn't
      playing more.

      What is Matt becoming?

      What is Matt getting out of this?

      Let me know ask you......are you like Matt?

      A wonderful person, that has talents, yet doesn't apply
      those talents to the situation at hand and become the best
      you can become at what you are doing?

      Here's a question I asked my son before the start of this
      baseball season: "Are you content in being mediocre?"

      Last year he didn't get to play much. A lot of bench time,
      he was discouraged, and started blaming everyone else
      except himself for his situation.

      Matt and Karl are a lot alike. They both are talented,
      both could be very good ball players, yet neither gave
      it all, when it was time to give it all.

      Karl said No, he wasn't content with being mediocre,
      and did what it took to earn him a starting position
      on a team that went to the state semi final playoffs.

      He applied himself and did what it took to earn that
      starting position and become a much better ball player
      in the process, and a much more developed person because
      of it.

      I need to give the same talk to Matt next year. If I'm
      right, Matt will say no and become a starter for our
      Pony team next year.

      Now I ask you another question: Are you content in your
      life with being mediocre?

      If not, then only you can make that change and become the
      kind of person you should become to do what you want in
      life and to achieve your life's goals.

      Now kid, it's time to get rolling.

      Your life becomes what you make of it.

      Circumstances and obstacles happen, but they are only
      there to strengthen you.

      Determine what your life's major goal is.

      Then apply yourself with all your heart towards achieving it.

      It really doesn't get any simpler than this

      I love you all,
      Dave

      Dave Cole
      Prosperity: The Choice Is Yours
      Copyright © 2004/2005

      Dave's E-zine provides you with inspiration,
      motivation, and postive life values to help
      you become more successful in life and in
      making more money.
      Get your F R E E subscription today.

      http://choosetoprosper.com