The Worst Customer Service Experience Ever

  • Michael Hall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2004
      The Worst Customer Service Experience Ever
      -- Michael Hall

      I just came back from my car insurance company and boy do
      I have a story to tell ...

      I met another gentleman sitting there and as soon as I sat
      down he got up and told the receptionist, "I am the only
      person here and I've been waiting for about twenty five
      minutes now. I just want to renew my car insurance, can
      somebody please take my money or can I just come back in
      tomorrow?"

      (Imagine the shock on my face! I came to renew my car
      insurance as well, and wish that I could report a shorter
      wait than the stranger.)

      To add insult to injury, the receptionist kindly and
      politely replied, "We only have one agent available, the
      other two are on vacation, and if you come back tomorrow,
      you may have to wait even longer(since he was next in line)"

      ---

      Whether you have a website or physical store, remember to
      make it easy as possible for your customers to 'give you
      their money', don't make them jump through hoops or wait
      twenty five minutes, especially if they just want a
      renewal. Most of the information is already on file
      although you need to check for address and phone changes.

      A few good tip for website owners ...

      1. Ask for a customers full name and email only, then
      redirect the person to your order page, if their credit
      card declined you can always follow up on the sale with a
      quick email or even offer a discount if they come back and
      make the purchase.

      2. Make sure your order link is easy to find.

      3. Tell your customer Thank You and don't just send a
      receipt.

      Subscribe to The Article Archive Weekly Newsletter for a
      weekly dose of powerful marketing concepts, hand-picked
      articles, tips, resources and product/service reviews.
      Over 40 articles and ebooks await you at ...
      http://www.urllog.com/bsmbahamas/poor_service