Getting Past First Base In The Dating Game

  • Lance Metzger
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 2013
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Lance Metzger

      Article Title:
      Getting Past First Base In The Dating Game

      Article Description:
      Dates are supposed to be fun, right? And there are questions
      burning holes in your gut, on your first meeting? This
      ice-breaker has worked well for me in the past.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2013-07-30 11:15:00

      Written By: Lance Metzger
      Copyright: 2011-2013
      Contact Email: mailto:lance.metzger@...

      For more free-reprint articles by Lance Metzger, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/lance-metzger.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/m/dating-first-base.shtml#get_code

      Getting Past First Base In The Dating Game
      Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Lance Metzger
      NSA Dating Site
      http://www.nsadatingsite.com

      This is going to sound cheesy, but I am going to share it with
      you anyway.

      For years, the first date was the worst part of the dating
      process for me and my date.

      She and I were often uncomfortable on our first meeting, and it
      was a struggle to get through the evening to the point of comfort
      between my date and myself.

      One of my female friends shared with me an idea that she had come
      across years before, and when I tried it for myself, it changed
      most of my first dates from a nervous uncomfortable experience
      into a fun and engaging evening.

      Take Pen And Paper On Your First Date

      In most cases, I will have talked to the person I am meeting once
      or twice, before we go on the actual "first date". So, to a
      point, we are somewhat comfortable with each other. But, I am
      always nervous on that first date anyway, and so is she.

      It is not uncommon to be uncomfortable on that first date,
      because as human beings, we want the other person to like us, as
      much as we think we like them.

      It is that fear of rejection that causes the most nervousness on
      that first dinner date, and my friend forever changed that
      experience for me to the positive, due to what I am about to tell
      you right now.

      Pen and paper?

      Oh yeah...

      It never fails. We sit down to order dinner, then we are never
      sure where the conversation is going to go next.

      When I feel that first twinge of uncertainty in the conversation,
      I reach in my pocket and put a pen on the table in front of her.

      I let curiosity drive the moment.

      She is usually very confused by the ball-point pen, and she looks
      at me in a quizzical manner.

      I just smile.

      Then I reach in my pocket and get a piece of paper. I reach
      across the table and put the paper in front of her, then I make
      eye contact, and respond to her confusion with another smile.

      Then I place pen and paper in front of myself.

      Only after I have got my own pen and paper on the table do I
      speak.

      I usually say, "Humor me. It will be fun."

      She will usually agree.

      Then I will say, "I know you have questions, and sometimes it is
      easier to put them on paper than it is to ask them in person."

      I will follow that with, "I am pretty sure that there is at
      least one question about me that you might be too nervous to ask
      me. If so, write it down on the paper, and I will do the same
      with the question I have for you that I might be too nervous to
      ask."

      Take Notes

      Take notice of the reaction offered by the other person.

      The body language will say more than the words that come from the
      mouth.

      I generally see one of three responses from the person I am with:

      1) A grunt of dissatisfaction and a roll of the eyes. This means
      that very likely, the date will end after dinner, and you will
      never see her again.

      2) A sparkle in the eye, and she will pick up the pen and begin
      to write. This could be very interesting. You will be surprised
      at the depth of some of the questions asked.

      3) She will push the paper aside and begin to speak. Ah yes...
      This one is feisty... She is not easily intimidated, and she
      certainly will not be afraid to ask you ANY questions. In this
      instance, she will quickly ask the most personal questions that
      she could ever think to ask on a first date.

      The Point Of This Exercise

      As someone on a first date, we are both trying to sell ourselves
      to the other person as someone with whom they should want to
      spend more of their time.

      As someone who has worked in sales, I know that successful sales
      people don't focus on what is in it for themselves, but instead,
      they focus on answering all of the questions most important to
      the other party, in an effort to help them make a good decision.

      The point of this exercise is to open the communication channels,
      so that both of you will be willing to dive into those very
      important questions that you will need answered to decide if this
      dating prospect is right for you.

      If at the end of that first date, you have successfully
      eliminated someone from your shopping list, you will be ahead of
      the game. Most people don't figure that out that someone is a
      bad match until they have gone on two or three dates.

      The pen and paper is simply a tool designed to open the
      communication channels with the other person.

      It is never necessary to actually write anything on your piece of
      paper, unless the other person starts writing.

      In order to ease the willingness to ask and answer questions, I
      always make my first question somewhat silly. My goal with
      selecting a humorous or silly first question is to "lessen the
      tension" in the conversation and to create a "feeling of fun"
      in the experience.

      Even if I never go out with her again, I want her to tell her
      friends that her date with me "was fun."

      Spice Up Your Love Life With Pen And Paper

      Always take two pens and two sheets of paper with you when you go
      on a date.

      If you never have to use them, that might be a good sign for your
      second date.

      Lance Metzger writes about relationships, offline and online
      dating. In our minds, "No Strings Attached" simply means,
      "Let's get to know one another before we start making any
      commitments to one another." To explore No Strings Attached
      Dating, please visit the NSA Dating Site at:
      http://www.nsadatingsite.com/
      Consider Lance's new Kindle book, "Making Memories: Creative
      Dating Ideas": http://raintreepublishing.com/creative-dating-ideas/

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/m/dating-first-base.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Lance Metzger can be reached at:
      lance.metzger@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:lance.metzger@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at:

      *
      *
      * QC_Reprint_Articles@yahoogroups.com
      *

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by:

      Bill Platt
      3010 E Raintree
      Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

      and opinion of its author, Lance Metzger
      http://www.nsadatingsite.com

    • Lance Metzger
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 11, 2013
        A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Lance Metzger

        Article Title:
        Getting Past First Base In The Dating Game

        Article Description:
        Dates are supposed to be fun, right? And there are questions
        burning holes in your gut, on your first meeting? This
        ice-breaker has worked well for me in the past.

        Additional Article Information:

        Distribution Date and Time: 2013-10-11 11:00:00