Promoting Your Business With Content:: Defining Your Writing Strategy

  • Bruce Lansing
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2013
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bruce Lansing

      Article Title:
      Promoting Your Business With Content:: Defining Your Writing Strategy

      Article Description:
      Many people suggest that you should write articles on the
      basis of the benefits that people will get from reading your
      articles. I'd like to suggest that there is a better
      reason, and that is to write your articles on the basis of
      what problem people will be able to solve, as a result of
      reading your articles.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2013-07-25 12:30:00

      Written By: Bruce Lansing
      Copyright: 2013
      Contact Email: mailto:

      For more free-reprint articles by Bruce Lansing, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bruce-lansing.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/l/business-promotion-writing-strategy.shtml#get_code

      Promoting Your Business With Content:: Defining Your Writing Strategy
      Copyright (c) 2013 Bruce Lansing
      Freelance Writers Review
      http://FreelanceWritersReview.com/

      Many people suggest that you should write articles on the basis
      of the benefits that people will get from reading your articles.

      I'd like to suggest that there is a better reason, and that is
      to write your articles on the basis of what problem people will
      be able to solve, as a result of reading your articles.

      Think about why are you search for anything on the Web... Is it
      because you want to find how someone can help you, or is it
      because you want to know what to do to solve a problem?

      The problem doesn't have to be something serious such as how to
      get your girlfriend back, how to pull your car out of a ditch, or
      how to get pre-approval for major surgery from your health
      insurance company.

      It could be something much simpler such as "How to Peel a
      Hard-Boiled Egg" or "3 Interesting Recipes to Make Eggs Taste
      Better."

      My point is that when you look for something on the Web, you are
      doing so in order to "learn what you should do".

      And so that's the perspective you need to have each time you
      write an article.

      How do you do that?

      Let me tell you first what it isn't...

      It isn't telling people the benefits of doing something. They
      already know the benefits, otherwise they wouldn't have gone in
      search of the answers.

      For example...

      Imagine for a moment that you're driving down the highway, and
      you get a flat tire. You pull over to the side of the road, whip
      out your smartphone, find the nearest service station through one
      of your apps, and call them.

      What would you think if the proprietor at the other end of the
      line said, "We can fix flat tires. We've been in business for
      30 years. Our customers yadayadayada..."

      What do you care?

      You don't want to know the benefits of using this particular
      company to fix your flat tire. You just want them to come out and
      fix your tire.

      And the same thing is true of your readers...

      If you're marketing to them through articles, then you already
      know what they need. You may have just forgotten.

      So ask yourself this question: "What is the single biggest
      problem people in your niche face?" Or "What do they find the
      most challenging?"

      And then write about those problems...

      If you tell them how to solve that problem, then they'll keep
      reading your articles.

      Before I let you go, I wanted to share one more important idea
      with you about using this approach to promote your business.

      People often express concern that using the problem solving
      strategy might impact their sales in the negative.

      If you are selling information, then this might be a concern, but
      there are ways to answer questions and leave open the possibility
      of getting more detailed help inside of the information product.

      On the other hand, if you sell a service, there is an interesting
      thing that happens... If you can explain the solution in enough
      detail, most folks will decide that although they have learned
      how to do it themselves, they would prefer to hire someone to do
      the task for them. And, who better to hire for the job than the
      person who just explained to them how to do this difficult task?

      If you can create articles that will help people solve their
      problems, people will find your articles and read them.

      Better yet, if you can create articles that leave your readers
      happy to have read your article, you stand a real good chance of
      getting people to read your "About the Author" and take the
      action that you will want them to take.

      Article marketing, or content marketing as some folks call it,
      can have a definite positive impact on your ability to generate
      some serious new sales from people who would not have had the
      chance to find your business any other way. Take advantage of
      this technique to promote your business. You will be glad you
      did.

      The bottom line is that you can write your own content, or you
      could hire someone who lives and breathes writing to create
      content on your behalf. If you would like to leave content
      creation to the professionals, you can always hire freelance
      writers at: http://FreelanceWritersReview.com/ Bruce Lansing
      has spent more than a decade teaching writers how to become
      even better writers.

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/l/business-promotion-writing-strategy.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Bruce Lansing can be reached at:

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:

      Article Marketing Ebook at:

      *
      *
      * QC_Reprint_Articles@yahoogroups.com
      *

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by:

      Bill Platt
      3010 E Raintree
      Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

      and opinion of its author, Bruce Lansing
      http://FreelanceWritersReview.com/