Article Marketing Secret: How To Identify and Write For Your Target Market

  • Bill Platt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2013
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

      Article Title:
      Article Marketing Secret: How To Identify and Write For Your Target Market

      Article Description:
      Many people question as to what topic they should choose to write
      their articles... Fortunately, the short answer is simple...
      Write articles that appeal to your target market. But what does
      that mean exactly? This article will guide you through the
      process of how to choose a topic and then to make your article
      irresistible to publishers.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2013-06-19 10:00:00

      Written By: Bill Platt
      Copyright: 2009-2013
      Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

      Bill Platt's Picture URL:
      http://www.thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt-2006.jpg

      For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/marketing-target-market.shtml#get_code

      Article Marketing Secret: How To Identify and Write For Your Target Market
      Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Bill Platt
      Writing Puzzle
      http://WritingPuzzle.com/

      Many people question as to what topic they should choose to write
      their articles... Fortunately, the short answer is simple...
      Write articles that appeal to your target market. But what does
      that mean exactly?

      I always pose this set of three questions, when I am talking to
      clients about what they should write about:

      1. What do you sell?

      2. Who is most likely to buy what you are selling?

      3. How can you "answer a question" or "solve a problem" to
      help those people who are likely to buy what you are selling?

      What Do You Sell?

      Maybe you sell widgets, cell phones, car parts, or marketing
      services... It does not matter what you sell... There will always
      be a topic that you can write your articles about.

      Do keep in mind that the point of article marketing is not to
      directly sell your products, but rather to educate, inform, or
      entertain your reading audience. So long as you stick to the idea
      of educating, informing, or entertaining your readers, you will
      never have a shortage of people who want to read the articles you
      write.

      However, if you keep your focus on trying to overtly sell your
      products or services in your "article" copy, then it will be
      difficult to find publishers who WANT to publish what you have
      written.

      This is important to note, in that publishers NEED content, but
      publishers tend to be very picky about the content that they want
      to share with their readers. In order for a publisher to become
      or remain profitable, he or she must always serve the desires of
      his or her readers. And readers do not want to be sold to,
      preached to, or criticized. Instead, readers want to improve
      their lot in this life and solve the problems that they face.

      If you keep the needs of the publisher foremost in your mind, and
      the wants of the reader, then article marketing is a great tool
      that can help you to earn thousands of dollars.

      If you lose focus of what publishers and readers want, then all
      you can hope for is a few links from your articles, from a few
      websites that very few people visit or read.

      Who Is Most Likely To Buy What You Are Selling?

      Just because you sell cars does not mean that anyone who has a
      drivers' license is in your target market. Let us put this
      statement in perspective.

      * If you sell $2000 cars, most of the people in your target
      market are the poor - including those in poverty and students.

      * If you sell $10,000 cars, your market is mostly families in
      middle-class America. Occasionally, you will find the college kid
      coming to your store to buy a car for college, and sometimes you
      will see a bunch of tire kickers who can only pray to get
      financed.

      * If you sell brand new cars, your target market will again
      differ by what kinds of vehicles you sell. A Cadillac-buyer is
      different from the SUV-buyer and the economy-car buyer.

      There is not a car dealership anywhere in the world that tries to
      target its advertising to everybody with a pulse and a drivers'
      license. It just does not happen. Either the dealership talks
      about its available cars and the benefits of owning a specific
      car, or the dealership points out that they can finance anyone.

      Once you understand who is most likely to buy what you are
      selling, then figuring out what to write about has been made much
      easier.

      Help Your Readers Solve A Problem

      Before you start writing your article, you should try to get into
      the heads of the people most likely to buy what are selling.
      Those people as a general rule have common problems for which
      they seek solutions.

      One way to get a handle on what those problems might be is to
      review the email correspondence and phone calls you have taken
      from your clients. If you read that email all at the same time,
      certain questions will be asked over and again. In fact, you
      might even have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page on your
      website that you can reference at this point in the brainstorming
      session.

      Your email and phone correspondence and the FAQ page on your
      website can lead you to a better understanding of the kinds of
      questions your customers are always needing to be answered for
      them.

      Once you have achieved the understanding of what problems your
      customers seek to have solved for them, then you have to come to
      the magic formula for writing articles that find wide publication
      and a large readership.

      In your article, present your readers with the questions that
      people have, and then present answers to the questions and show
      people how to solve their problems.

      In doing so, publishers who have heard the same questions you
      have heard will be strongly inclined to publish your articles.
      And when publishers agree to publish your articles, you will be
      able to reach the publishers' readers and a huge network of
      already targeted people who are very likely to buy what you are
      selling.

      Understanding The Mechanics Of Article Marketing

      When you write your articles, it is important to remember a few
      key points while writing the articles. Those key points are:

      * The title serves to get your article opened, so it needs to be
      good.

      * The body of the article answers questions and sells readers on
      your credibility in the marketplace.

      * The article should be easy to read, and it should easily carry
      the reader to your About The Author information at the end of the
      article.

      * Once at your Resource Box (About the Author information), the
      role of the Resource Box is not to sell your products or
      services, but to get the reader to visit your website, where the
      real selling will take place.

      Using the formula that I have outlined here, you are sure to find
      success with your article marketing endeavors.

      Sure, I know some people might be thinking that the only reason
      for article marketing is building links, so all this extra effort
      would be unnecessary. But let me tell you something that I learn
      from time-to-time...

      Did you know that if you write an article that gets published in
      a large newsletter that you can in fact earn $10,000 plus in
      sales from that single article? This is a lesson that I have
      learned more times than I can count. And to be honest, it is a
      lesson I like to learn.

      Consider this... You can spend a few dollars and very little time
      to create an article that will generate a few back links,
      hopefully helping you to rank in the search engines for your
      target keywords. Or, you can spend a few more dollars and a
      little more time and create an article that could generate back
      links for the search engines AND find a wider audience for your
      article in newsletters - newsletters that could potentially
      deliver thousands of visitors to your website and generate
      thousands of dollars in sales in the next couple weeks. Which
      strategy makes more sense to you?

      If you are wondering if I practice what I preach, then read this
      article again and then see my resource box below. I provide
      article distribution services to my customers, and my customers
      frequently ask me what they should write about in their articles
      and how to best construct those articles to reach a wider
      audience, and more specifically, their target audience. If I have
      answered these questions to your satisfaction, then visit my
      website and let me help you to promote your articles too.

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/marketing-target-market.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Bill Platt can be reached at:
      comments@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:comments@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at: