Oprah Winfrey And Other Business People Recognize The Value Of Great Customer Service

  • Wesley Berry. AAF
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Wesley Berry, AAF
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * QC_Reprint_Articles@yahoogroups.com
      *

      This article has been distributed by:
      http://Article-Distribution.com

      Helpful Link:

      Article Title:
      ==============

      Oprah Winfrey And Other Business People Recognize The Value Of Great Customer Service

      Article Description:
      ====================

      Visitors who visit Oprah Winfrey's production studio for a
      taping of her show are sometimes amazed at the great, friendly
      service they receive from her staff members from the moment they
      get in line to enter the studio to the moment they exit after the
      show.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2006-11-01 10:00:00

      Written By: Wesley Berry, AAF
      Copyright: 2006
      Contact Email: mailto:wes@...

      For more free-reprint articles by Wesley Berry, AAF, please visit:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Wesley_Berry,_AAF

      If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
      We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
      us know where you have used this article, and we will
      include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=3729&p=load

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/b/value-of-great-customer-service.shtml#get_code

      Oprah Winfrey And Other Business People Recognize The Value Of Great Customer Service
      Copyright (c) 2006 Wesley Berry, AAF
      Wesley Berry Flowers
      http://www.800wesleys.com/

      Visitors who visit Oprah Winfrey's production studio for a
      taping of her show are sometimes amazed at the great, friendly
      service they receive from her staff members from the moment they
      get in line to enter the studio to the moment they exit after the
      show. While they wait in a line that often stretches down the
      length of the block and around the corner, studio employees walk
      up and down the line greeting guests and thanking them for
      visiting. They chat amiably and inquire about where the guests
      are from, what brought them to the show, and other topics. Upon
      entering the building, staff members take the time to make sure
      each guest knows when they'll be able to actually go in to find
      their seats, what to do until they get there, and what to do
      after they get in. Finally, after the show, guests are escorted
      out and again thanked for their visit. If there happened to be
      any giveaways that day, staff members make certain that each and
      every guest receives the promised item and that there's no
      confusion while they do.

      Oprah Winfrey isn't the only business executive to realize the
      value of customer service. Ritz-Carlton is also well known for
      the exceptional service that they supply alongside lovely, clean
      rooms. Guests who go for a jog in the morning can expect to see
      employees offering bottles of cold water, fresh towels, and
      delicious fruit. Jeff Hargett, Ritz-Carlton's director of
      training and organization effectiveness, spoke at a Society of
      American Florists (SAF) event where he said, "[Service] is about
      thinking one step ahead of the customer. You have to ask, 'How
      can I take care of things [for this customer] before he or she
      has to ask for it?"

      The key, of course, to great service is in training employees to
      provide that service and thanking them when they do. Employee
      reward systems are a great way to let employees know how much you
      appreciate their hard work. But, employee reward programs won't
      be effective if the rewards are given for things like showing up
      on time, or on a regular basis that requires someone be chosen to
      receive the reward at a given interval, such as an Employee of
      the Month program. Instead, look for special ways to acknowledge
      extraordinary deeds.

      Shirley Lyons of Dandelions Flowers in Eugene, Oregon has come up
      with an innovative way of recognizing her employees' hard
      work-she lets them recognize each other. Her program is called
      "dandybucks" and involves store dollars (a.k.a. dandybucks)
      that are given to employees by other employees when they witness
      that person going above and beyond. The dandybucks can be used to
      buy products at Dandelions Flowers. "It's an incentive that our
      employees love, yet it's simple enough not to take away from our
      daily work," Lyons says.

      One great way employers can recognize their employees' hard work
      is through gifts of flowers. A bright flower arrangement placed
      on the employee's desk or on the break table is sure to draw the
      attention of everyone who sees it, which gives the employee even
      more recognition. Flowers are also an inexpensive incentive that
      won't interfere with normal working conditions. Judging by
      Oprah's often flower laden sets, she's certainly a flower fan
      and we'll bet her fabulous employees receive flowers often.

      Wesley Berry is member of the American Academy of
      Floriculture (AAF) and President of Wesley Berry Flowers
      (http://www.wesleyberryflowers.com), a successful
      multi-million dollar floral business that was established
      in 1946. His shops provide flower delivery worldwide through
      http://www.flowers-worldwide.net and Flower Delivery Express
      (http://www.flowerdeliveryexpress.com). Visit Wesley Berry
      Flowers on the web at http://www.800wesleys.com

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/b/value-of-great-customer-service.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Wesley Berry, AAF can be reached at:
      wes@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:wes@...

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by Bill Platt of Stillwater, Oklahoma USA.

      and opinion of its author, Wesley Berry, AAF
      http://www.800wesleys.com/

    • Wesley Berry. AAF
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2008
[...]

        Distribution Date and Time: 2008-04-16 12:00:00

        Written By: Wesley Berry, AAF
        Copyright: 2006-2008

        http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/wesley-berry,-aaf.html

        If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
        We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
        us know where you have used this article, and we will
        include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

        http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=3729&p=load

        Versions Of Article Are Available at:
        http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/b/value-of-great-customer-service.shtml#get_code

        Oprah Winfrey And Other Business People Recognize The Value Of Great Customer Service
        Copyright (c) 2006-2008 Wesley Berry, AAF
        Wesley Berry Flowers
        http://www.800wesleys.com/