Re: [Q15X25] Re: Q15x25 / HF Packet: was HF TCP/IP

  • Jose A. Amador
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 12, 2007
      Ken Page wrote:

      > Yes unfortunately I've had 2x Kam XL's sitting here now for well over
      > a year hoping to see Q15X25 available for them. Gawd I'd even settle
      > for 1200 baud PSK in the mean time. But I refuse to run 300baud on
      > HF. :(

      Understandable....are those KAM able to run 100 baud packet?

      It is preferable to have a drop falling all the time than many quick
      bursts that do not make it.

      Jose, CO2JA
    • Ken Page
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 13, 2007
        No actually. I just tried it now. HBaud 100/1200 failed.

        It's one of the big problems with these. It's amazing how advanced the Kam XL is, yet it's still so terribly crippled.

        There is no control over board rate with relation to the mode. In fact, setting the board rate selects the mode.

        For example if I set HBaud 9600 the device assumes G3RUH and there is no way to tell it any different.

        What if I'd like to try G3RUH at say 1200 or 2400 baud on HF. There is no way to tell the device this in the settings.

        They really need the packet mode setting to be separate to the baud rate settings.

        Can't see it happening though. They really seem to be very under staffed when it comes to firmware development.

        Its such a shame, it's a nice bit of Kit otherwise.

        Regards,
        Ken - VK4AKP
        .-.-.