Re: Digest Number 153 (winlink rebuttal)

  • stevenstimpson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
      --- In Q15X25@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Thile \(K4SET\)" <k4set@...>
      wrote:

      > The SCS Pactor units have employed a Pactor FEC ID at the end of
      each
      > connection or connection attempt since summer of 2003. It was
      immediately
      > implemented with Airmail and Winlink 2000. At least two of the
      soundcard
      > mode programs can monitor ID that (MixW and Digipan).
      >
      > As Jeremy stated, before that, we used a CW ID with Winlink 2000.
      Of course
      > having these ID options does not fix the problem of some lid or
      another
      > disabling them and than causing interference, which has been the
      case on
      > some of the NON-Winlink related QRM that we (Winlink 2000
      operators) have
      > been very unfortunately blamed for.

      O.K. Scott. Get ready to feel the pain of your LIES. (Or ignorance).

      ------------------------------

      cmd: Thiis is to let you know local echo is on.
      (N1OHX)
      *** ERROR: PSE TYPE HELP

      cmd: help reset
      RESE(t):
      causes a software reset. Box contents and
      system
      parameters will not be changed by
      RESEt.

      cmd: help restart
      REST(art):
      causes a software restart. CAUTION: RESTart
      may
      erase the complete mailbox contents. It sets
      the
      system parameters to default
      values.

      cmd: reset
      PTC-II System 68360/DSP-56303
      Version V.3.6 Level 3
      (C) 2005 SCS GmbH & Co. KG

      2097152 bytes SRAM detected
      256k words DSP-RAM detected

      BIOS: Version 1.90 detected

      FLASHCALL: *SCSPTC*

      *** STBY >>

      cmd: restart
      PTC-II System 68360/DSP-56303
      Version V.3.6 Level 3
      (C) 2005 SCS GmbH & Co. KG

      2097152 bytes SRAM detected
      256k words DSP-RAM detected

      BIOS: Version 1.90 detected

      FLASHCALL: *SCSPTC*

      *** STBY >>

      cmd: my n1ohx
      Mycall: >N1OHX<

      cmd: maxE 30
      *** TIMEOUT-PARAMETER: 30

      cmd: heklp
      *** ERROR: PSE TYPE HELP

      cmd: help cwid
      CW(id):
      First parameter:
      enables (1-5) or disables (0) CW-
      identification:
      0: CWID off
      1: Pactor (ARQ) CWID on
      2: Pactor (ARQ + Unproto) CWID on
      3: Amtor (ARQ) / Pactor (ARQ + Unproto) CWID
      on
      4, 5: like 2 and 3, CWID also after RX-
      QRT
      (Default: 1)

      Second parameter:
      0: normal CWID
      1: CWID at startup on ARQ Master
      calls
      2: audio-CWID only / without PTT-
      Keying
      3: functions 1 and 2 enabled.
      4-7: like 0-3 but on PACTOR slave connects CWID right
      after first own TX packet.
      (Default: 0)

      cmd: cwid
      *** CWID-PARAMETERS: 0 2

      cmd: c k4set
      *** NOW CALLING K4SET

      *** NO RESPONSE FROM K4SET / 19:16:38 / FRI, 02-JUN-06

      *** STBY >>

      cmd: parameters CWID were set to 0 2, yet no CWID was sent. Let's
      *** ERROR: PSE TYPE HELP

      cmd: look at what AIORMAIL sets as defaults.
      *** ERROR: PSE TYPE HELP

      cmd: sorry for the typo's, just wanna prove this hasn't been edited
      *** ERROR: PSE TYPE HELP

      cmd:

      -------------------------

      Let's take a journey into a FRESH copy of AIRMAIL.
      CALLSIGN, BAUDRATE, QTH and LOCATOR have been set.
      CWID has been SPECIFICALLY CHECKED, IT WAS NOT
      A DEFAULT AND IT WAS HIDDEN UNDER AN "ADVANCED"
      OPTIONS TAB!

      -------------------------

      2006/06/02 19:20:01 PTC-IIex modem initialized OK

      cmd:

      PTC-IIex - High Performance HF/VHF/UHF Communications Controller
      PACTOR - Level-III - High Speed Data Transfer Protocol
      >>> Professional / Marine Firmware V.3.6 <<<
      (C) 1994-2005 SCS GmbH & Co. KG - Germany

      BIOS: Version 1.90 detected

      Packet Radio Port: SCS - DSP MULTI MODEM detected

      cmd:
      < modem reset >

      PTC-II System 68360/DSP-56303
      Version V.3.6 Level 3
      (C) 2005 SCS GmbH & Co. KG

      2097152 bytes SRAM detected
      256k words DSP-RAM detected

      BIOS: Version 1.90 detected

      FLASHCALL: *SCSPTC*
      [17]
      *** STBY >>

      cmd: TERM 4
      cmd: SERB
      Baudrate setting: 57600 BD (auto)
      cmd: TRX RTS 0
      *** ERROR: PSE TYPE HELP
      cmd: AM
      AMTOR/PTC-II V.3.6 (C) 1994-2005 SCS GmbH & Co. KG
      **-A-** (SCSP):>TR 0
      *** T/R-REVERSE PARAMETER: 0
      **-A-** (SCSP):>PT
      *** PACTOR ACTIVE >>>
      [17]
      *** STBY >>
      cmd: QRTC 4
      QRT-CHARACTER = ASCII: 4
      cmd: ESC 27
      ESCAPE-CHARACTER = ASCII: 27
      cmd: PTCH 31
      *** PACTOR HOSTMODE CHANNEL: 31
      cmd: MAXE 35
      *** TIMEOUT-PARAMETER: 35
      cmd: LF 0
      *** LF IGNORE PARAMETER: 0
      cmd: CM 0
      *** CONNECT-MSG: 0
      cmd: REM 0
      *** REMOTE: 0
      cmd: BOX 0
      *** DIRECT BOX ACCESS: 0
      cmd: MAIL 0
      *** MAIL-ANNOUNCER-PARAMETER: 0
      cmd: CHOB 0
      *** CHANGEOVER-BELL-PARAMETER: 0
      cmd: UML 0
      GERMAN HUFFMAN UMLAUTS: 0
      cmd: TRX S 0 (These errors are due to the fact thatI do not)
      *** ERROR: PSE TYPE HELP (have auto-qsy circuitry, it is illegal on)
      cmd: TRX DU 0 (band to have the PTC auto-qsy and
      *** ERROR: PSE TYPE HELP (Auto-Call. These features are,
      cmd: U *1 (however, available in AirMail)
      *** UNPROTO-REPETITION-TIME: 1 (Pactor ID repetition has been SET,
      cmd: CHO 25 (Even though CWID was set in airmail)
      CHANGE-OVER-CHARACTER = ASCII: 25
      cmd: BK 24
      BREAK-IN-CHARACTER = ASCII: 24
      cmd: FSKA 171
      AFSK TX AUDIO OUTPUT LEVEL (PEAK-TO-PEAK, mV): 171
      cmd: PSKA 228
      PSK TX AUDIO PEAK LEVEL (PEAK-TO-PEAK, mV): 228
      cmd: TIME 19:20:00
      Time: 19:20:00
      cmd: DATE 02.06.06
      Date: FRI, 02-JUN-06
      cmd: ST 2
      *** STATUS-LEVEL: 2
      cmd: PAC PRB 0
      cmd: PAC CM 0
      cmd: PAC CB 0
      cmd: PAC M 0
      cmd: PAC US 10
      cmd: FAX MB
      Baudrate setting: 57600 BD
      cmd: FAX D 500
      *** FM-FAX DEVIATION: 500
      cmd: FAX FR 3
      *** FM-FAX RX-RESOLUTION: 3
      cmd: FR MO 0
      *** FREE SIGNAL MODE: 0 (NONE)
      cmd: SYS SERN
      Serial number: (I have deleted this for security)
      cmd: < Modem serial#: (This too)
      MY *SCSPTC*
      Mycall: >*SCSPTC*<
      cmd: LICENSE
      LICENSE: (Deleted for security)
      cmd: < Professional (Pactor-3) firmware ver: 3.6, P-3 license OK >
      <Airmail: PTC-II initialized OK first try>
      TONES 2
      *** AUDIO TONES: 2
      cmd: MARK 1600 (Pay CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THESE!)
      *** MARK FREQUENCY (HZ): 1600 (WinLink IS UPPER SIDEBAND!)
      cmd: SPACE 1400
      *** SPACE FREQUENCY (HZ): 1400
      cmd: MYLEV 2
      *** HIGHEST POSSIBLE PACTOR LINK LEVEL: 2
      *** LINK LEVEL OF ACTUAL/LAST LINK: 0 (This PROVES the CONTROLLER)
      cmd: TXD 4 (has been reset)
      TX-DELAY: 4 (20 msec)
      cmd: CSD 5
      CS-DELAY: 5 (25 msec)
      cmd: MYcall N1OHX
      Mycall: >N1OHX<
      cmd: ARX 0
      *** AMTOR RECEPTION: 0
      cmd: L 1
      *** LISTEN-MODE: 1
      cmd: CWID 0
      *** CWID-PARAMETERS: 0 2 (AIRMAIL Just tried to disable CWID,)
      cmd: CONType 3
      *** PACTOR RX CONNECT TYPE: 3
      cmd: <callsign set: N1OHX>
      <connections enabled>
      MYcall N1OHX
      Mycall: >N1OHX<
      cmd: JHOST4
      <AirMail: host mode started>

      CWID is the same as the defaults I captured in hyperterminal. I
      HAVE, HOWVER,
      been able to do a 7 minute on the fly CWID and an end-of-transmission
      CWID with the following parameters set by FBB for that dreadful
      "WINLINK CLASSIC" operation.

      here it is:

      !CHOB 0
      !CW 1 (This ENABLES CWID)
      !CWSPEED 100 (This is NOT WPM)
      !FSKA 170
      !PSKA 200
      !CSDELAY 5
      !TXDELAY 4
      !MAXERR 40
      !MAXSUM 60
      !MAXDOWN 5
      !MAIL 0
      !mode 2
      !MAXTRY 4
      !MAXUP 3
      !MYCALL N1OHX
      !MYL 2
      !MYSELC NOHX
      !PD 0
      !PDT 12
      !LISTEN 0
      #!STATUS 1
      !MARK 1600
      !SPACE 1400
      !TR 0
      !TONES 2
      !UML 0

      These are the default parameters issued to new winlink "Classic"
      ops.
      Compare them to the parms issued by airmail. More on this later. I
      am in
      notepad.

      --------------

      > All you can do is provide the tools. The rest is up to the
      operators!

      > 73 and 75, Scott, K4SET, RadioMinistries
      >
      > ________________________________

      K4SET runs an MBO on 10.143.4. UPPER sideband. Remember
      those MARK/SPACE frequencies? ALso notice it is an
      pactor3 MBO. 2.4 KHZ wide. that puts white noise
      from 10.144 up to 10.146. conservatively. Skipnet,
      a packet radio operation, has been on 10.147 LOWER
      sideband for...oh god...Sorry I was a tadpole...

      This is a frequency reserved for AUTOMATIC controlled
      stations. It is in perpetual use. K4SET is unwelcome,
      is un-coordinated, and installed an MBO on this frequency
      without first inspecting the "Lay of the land". 10.147
      has been utter chaos since. Charles has screenshots.

      MBO operators also install these MBO on well known PSK watering
      holes. an example is ve2afq on 14.067.4. Since 14.070
      is in perpetual use by up to 10 individual streams
      (Conservatively) by up to 20 operators, when, and just WHEN
      is the frequency clear for this MBO?

      I need answers.

      On
      > Behalf Of Jeremy Allen
      > Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 8:17 PM
      > To: Q15X25@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [Q15X25] Digest Number 153
      >

      > Do you mean besides 10 minute CW IDs? Both of my
      > Boxes that use such protocols (Clover II and Pactor
      > II/III) offer these options already. They are not
      > often used, because the regs don't require the station
      > ID's to be transmitted in an "open protocol." Station
      > ID's are transmitted with each packet in all three of
      > these modes, and while not always able to be read by
      > listeners, the current requirement is fulfilled.
      >
      > 73
      >
      > Jeremy N1ZZZ

      The ID must be in the mode used. If it is an experimental
      or in-compatible mode it is to be in CW. This was an
      issue for packet op's at first. Some still use it. Operating
      in pactor 3, then switching to pactor 1 unproto is not the same mode.
      and pactor3 is clearly CLOSED AND EXPERIMENTAL. Add to that
      fbb scrambling, plus pseudo/markov encoding, and you have a
      pretty secure system.

      If someone could e-mail me and direct me to the appropriate
      forum I will GLADLY post capture files on fellows
      getting boat insurance quotes, and doctors reading and replying
      to medical reports sent from the office. And if it ever comes up,
      i will also post captures of ME sending my sister the word "BADASS"
      and sending a picture of a semi-nude (Parts covered) 300
      pound woman on an airplane procaliming that we are sending in "The
      big bomb".

      I again apologize for these off-topic ramblings, and hope I do
      not get moderated into the bit-bucket, but these MBO
      OP'S should not go around posting lies in ax.25 forums.
      especially when they are jamming FSK300 and Q15X25 literally
      off-the-air.

      What is the maximum frame size for Q15X25? also does
      Q15 get MORE efficient when you send larger blocks?

      best 73
      N1OHX@...
    • Tim Gorman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2006
        Steve,

        If you have actual recordings of on-the-air conversations of insurance quotes
        being passed and doctors conducting business I would like to have copies --
        especially if the offending amateurs can be identified.

        I would very much like to pass these on to Riley Hollingsworth as examples of
        illegal use of the amateur bands by Winlink 2000.

        tim ab0wr