anyone out there

  • karel fassotte
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2006
      Hello my name is karel fassotte, PE2KFA / HC1AKP. We are looking for people that have more experience with the Q15X25 IP gateway to intranet, internet.

      As to now we have 2 programs that should do the job.
      The Mixw part that allows packet, Q15x25. However this mode is poorly supported under windows. Information is not easy to obtain.Ip we cant get routing, or better no traffic.

      The other is Linux NEWQPSK. In Linux by the way, the ax25 protocoll, so with the QPSK, is very well Integrated. However we have a problem with interfacing the multimode packet modem under Linux. Has anyone information on or experience with this specific problem??

      Greetings karel fassotte
    • Jose Amador
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2006
        --- karel fassotte <karelfassotte@...> wrote:

        > Hello my name is karel fassotte, PE2KFA / HC1AKP. We
        > are looking for people that have more experience
        > with the Q15X25 IP gateway to intranet, internet.

        > The other is Linux NEWQPSK. In Linux by the way,
        > the ax25 protocol, so with the QPSK, is very well
        > Integrated. However we have a problem with
        > interfacing the multimode packet modem under Linux.
        > Has anyone information on or experience with this
        > specific problem?

        If your TNC works in KISS mode, that´s the way to go.

        Get and read the AX.25 HOWTO:

        Linux Amateur Radio AX.25 HOWTO. Jeff Tranter, VE3ICH.
        tranter@.... v2.0,
        http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/AX25-HOWTO/

        73 de Jose, CO2JA
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2006
          Q14x23 has been found to work well with a much wider variety of
          transcievers.

          Just scale the modem down to 2300 baud. It works very well.

          Charles, N5PVL
        • rich_hudgins_Directway
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2006
            Thanks Charlies I will give it a try soon.
            Rich N5ale

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
              Hi Karel!

              As far as I can work out Q15X25 is supported within MixW and AGWPE
              (AGW Packet Engine) for windows. You might want to try AGW as there is
              some very good support for the TPC/IP side of things within AGW.

              There are also Linux drivers available for Q15X25 as you already know.

              There is also some talk of running it at a slower baudrate to fit
              better within the radio's filters. 2300 baud has been suggested.

              If anyone else can help Karel, please please do so. I don't know if
              you guys are aware of this but Karel is working on some very important
              research into helping 3rd world countries with low cost digital
              communication's methods. See [http://www.IICD.org ] IICD - The
              International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD).

              Regards,
              Ken - VK4AKP
              .-.-.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
                Don't forget 'newqpsk' mode for FlexNet's Flex32. It has no waterfall
                display but on the other hand it allows you to gateway Q15x25 directly
                to packet, through Flex32's internal digi function.

                Don't overlook Q15x25 on VHF/UHF.

                Charles, N5PVL