U.S. allows >20khz HF digital bandwidth ALREADY, was Q15X25, RDFT, Wyman etc

  • wb8wka
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 20, 2005
      Rick:

      Yes, I see the rules. However, you made a specific claim that it "was
      currently legal to use UP TO 3khz bandwidth"... I assume you mean in
      the U.S.

      Again, SPECIFICALLY, where does it spell out the 3khz limitation in
      the HF digital subband? I simply don't see it. I was referrencing
      97.305, 97.307 and 97.309. There is a vague limitation in the phone
      subbands -97.307(f)(2)-, but only -97.307(f)(3 & 9)- apply to the
      digital subbands.

      http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/news/part97/d-
      305.html#305
      http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/news/part97/d-
      305.html#307
      http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/news/part97/d-
      305.html#309

      I'm dead serious. Look at it. The common wisdom of 3khz (as you cite)
      seems to be what folks talk about, but that dog ain't no-where to be
      found in USC47, Part 97. I've gone over it time and time again, and
      ran it by a few other folks who can't find it either.

      -Jeff

      p.s. Best as I call tell, the current bandwidth limits for baud rate
      limited OFDM (each carrier <300baud, xPSK modulations) are the
      subbands.

      --- In Q15X25@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Muething" <rmuething@c...> wrote:

      > Jeff,
      >
      > You can find the Part 97 rules at
      > http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/news/part97/
      >
      > The applicable rules for data are
      > 97.305, 97.309 and for automatically controlled stations 97.221
      >
      > Rick KN6KB

      KHz