RE: [Q15X25] Re: Q15X25, RDFT, Wyman etc

  • Rick Muething
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 29, 2005
      Jeff,

      You can find the Part 97 rules at
      http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/news/part97/

      The applicable rules for data are
      97.305, 97.309 and for automatically controlled stations 97.221

      Rick KN6KB

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 20, 2005
        Rick:

        Yes, I see the rules. However, you made a specific claim that it "was
        currently legal to use UP TO 3khz bandwidth"... I assume you mean in
        the U.S.

        Again, SPECIFICALLY, where does it spell out the 3khz limitation in
        the HF digital subband? I simply don't see it. I was referrencing
        97.305, 97.307 and 97.309. There is a vague limitation in the phone
        subbands -97.307(f)(2)-, but only -97.307(f)(3 & 9)- apply to the
        digital subbands.

        http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/news/part97/d-
        305.html#305
        http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/news/part97/d-
        305.html#307
        http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/news/part97/d-
        305.html#309

        I'm dead serious. Look at it. The common wisdom of 3khz (as you cite)
        seems to be what folks talk about, but that dog ain't no-where to be
        found in USC47, Part 97. I've gone over it time and time again, and
        ran it by a few other folks who can't find it either.

        -Jeff

        p.s. Best as I call tell, the current bandwidth limits for baud rate
        limited OFDM (each carrier <300baud, xPSK modulations) are the
        subbands.