Asserting LPT/DATA0 from a Linux shell script - PTT

  • Bob C
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2004
      Hi all

      Using Linux, want to automate sending some audio streams over my radio
      equipment (Wyman1x/RDFT)

      Its easy to use "play" on the wav file but I'd like to be able to toggle
      the DAT0 pin on the printer port to key the PTT. The port isnt used for
      printing!

      Has anyone come accross or can direct me to something simple that will
      do this? I blindy tried to echo characters to /dev/lp0 but that didnt work.

      The other possibility is to assert RTS on the serial port

      SuSE 8.1

      Cheers Bob VK2YQA