2m fm?

  • kd4rdb
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2004
      I have not tried q15x25 yet, but see that it uses a 16 bit
      interleave for FEC. Are there any advantages to running it on F3E
      emission? I'm acustomed to AFSK ax.25, and look forward to the
      advantage of FEC hopefulling fixing flutter problems. Am I headed
      in the right direction with this?

      Wes
    • Bill Vodall
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2004
        > I have not tried q15x25 yet, but see that it uses a 16 bit
        > interleave for FEC. Are there any advantages to running it on F3E
        > emission? I'm acustomed to AFSK ax.25, and look forward to the
        > advantage of FEC hopefulling fixing flutter problems. Am I headed
        > in the right direction with this?
        >
        > Wes

        I know of one "neighbor" who tried using Q15X25 (with Mixw I believe) to run
        APRS on his daily commute. 1200 baud and 9600 baud legacy packet
        both worked "half the trip" between his home and mobile. Q15X25 worked
        all the way. It was a big improvement.

        I'm looking forward to trying it as a standard 2 meter Linux TCP/IP community
        server (bbs, dxcluster, etc...)

        73,
        Bill - WA7NWP