Interesting mode!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2003
      I finally got a chance to QSO on HF this evening, on 14.109 MHz.

      Bands conditions were not good, but I was still able to transfer a 5k
      text file about setting up X1J nodes, and get in a little ragchewing.

      As our radios warmed up, we drifted down to 14.108.91... Probably my
      TS-450sat, which has no tcxo.

      Both stations were using Flex32 with an interleave of 16, default
      values otherwise. Tuning was a challenge, about like HF packet
      usually is with no tuning indicator.

      The QSO lasted 30-45 minutes. Very interesting! Throughput was
      similar to 300 baud packet overall, lots of retries and resends due
      to poor band conditions. I can see where it would be very "snappy"
      though, under better conditions.

      Charles, N5PVL