Re: 21133

  • ka2hzo <ronchap@worldnet.att.net>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2003
      Hi,

      I run both my sound out and sound in though audio matching
      transformaers and 75 home RG56U CABLES.
      Talk about overkill.
      But in my situation I need that to prevent RFI becaue of my attic
      antenna.
      I also use the optical isolatio for the PTT LINE. Whic peopel tell
      me it's not really isolating anythign HI HI.

      73
      Ron KA2HZO

      --- In Q15X25@yahoogroups.com, "n7mjw <n7mjw@y...>" <n7mjw@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Ron.
      >
      > The 60 Cy has its grip on me. Same deal, I hear it only when I
      turn
      > the sidetone monitor on and crank up the gain. Not there on a mic
      > input or CW. I'm going to go through again and rethink my
      grounds.
      > Now I have them grounding to the radio, and floating the PC. That
      > always worked when everything was in the same rack bolted
      together.
      > I'm going to try ground through the pc and float the radio side. I
      > really dont think its the power supply on the pc sending 60 cy
      > because I dont hear it in the pc speakers.
      >
      > I wish Nick would do the file transfer as well for MT63. I know
      its
      > been brought up before, but he is working on a lot. I manage the
      > comms for the EOC here. Most of my work is part 90 related instead
      > of part 97, but I'm responsible for that too. MT63 has great
      > potential for so many reasons. So does a robust, sound-card driven
      > mode that would provide for HF email. Q15 has potential, but is
      very
      > finiky. Q15 may just be training issue at this point. Never tried
      > Clover, but read about Clover 2000. Is the perfered mode if Mil
      Std

    • n7mjw <n7mjw@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2003
        I'm doing matching transformers and opto-isloator as well. I rebuilt
        everything into a metal box... used to work good on an open board
        with the old setup. Never though about the RG56U cabling... line in
        and out of the radio is 600 ohm ballanced through a DB9 accessory
        plug all in a shielded cable, grounded to the radio side and the box
        chasis.

        I'm going to try floating the gounds from the rig, ground the
        computer, and ground the box to the computer side of the equation.
        Float the shield on the line to the rig at the interface box.
        Already have shielded wires going to the puter...

        Dave

        --- In Q15X25@yahoogroups.com, "ka2hzo <ronchap@w...>" <ronchap@w...>