The Pythagorean Order of Death?

  • Brett
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
      I came across the following in a google alert and submit it for your perusal:

      http://www.scribd.com/doc/13825459/Pythagoras
    • James McKinnon
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
        Brett,

        Did you see that they made mention of Pythagorean Cults in Knowing, the new Nicolas Cage Movie?

        I thought to myself, "this is the kind of spontaneous publicity, our name in a movie, that makes cults.  Things are going to start happening for us now."  ;)

        Salus,

        James

        I came across the following in a google alert and submit it for your perusal:

        http://www.scribd. com/doc/13825459 /Pythagoras

      • Bardo Withers
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2009
          Here's the Order of Death Video take it with a grain of salt. Kinda interesting even though filmed by a nutter.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3, 2009
            Well, after seeing Alex Jones' video one thing is clear.  I joined the wrong Pythagorean death cult.

            I never got a private French cook, or invites to parties with the super rich.

            All I got was a bunch of lessons on Universal Friendship and some do goody good morality stuff.

            Someone said Epictetus and I thought they said Epicurus.
            I said, I'll have some of that please.  And now look were I'm at, paying attention to my thoughts, controling my passions, understanding my proper place in nature, and having peace of mind.

            All this time I could have been going to parties in the woods.

            Salus,

            James

            Here's the Order of Death Video take it with a grain of salt. Kinda interesting even though filmed by a nutter.
            http://video. google.com/ videoplay? docid=4583149687 541115475

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3, 2009
              I'll have to check that out...

              Nic kinda burned me on wicker man, though. If I ever see him I'm definitely gonna ask for my $3.50 back on that one. :)

              Hygieia!

              Brett

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 3, 2009
                Brett,

                I didn't intend to necessarily recommend the movie.  I was just pointing out the mention of Pythagorean cults in the movie.

                The movie is interesting in some respects, but has at least one hopelessly stupid action sequence.

                Salus,

                James