Re: [Pythagorean-L] Four Fold Path

  • michael michael
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 6, 2008
      James,
      On another matter altogether:
      Are there any particle physicists out there who are sympathetic to the pythagorean approach and who would be prepared to engage in discussion about the conjunctions between the ancient science and the modern observations in particle physics?
      I am of the view that the ancient standards of measurement are rooted in physical parameters and are not arbitrarily concocted.  Hence there is a wisdom and insight there which could be useful in resolving the current problem areas in particle physics, such as the mass structure of quarks and at least some of the other external parameters of the Standard Model.
      Can you help with contacts?
      Regards
      Michael

      From: Miacharawan <zacktimmons@ gmail.com>
      Subject: [Pythagorean- L] Four Fold Path
      To: Pythagorean- L@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 8:07 AM

      I'm sure that everyone here has come across the website,
      www.fourfoldpath. org I was wondering if that is a good resource.

      Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7- Find out more.
    • James McKinnon
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 8, 2008
        Michael,

        The only physicist I know of who might provide you with an interesting discussion on these issues is a quantum physicist named Amit Goswami.  He wrote a book called, The Self-Aware Universe, How Consciousness Creates the Material World.

        I don't know him personally, but I have his book.  He appeared in the documentary movie, What The Bleep Do We Know.

        http://www.dramitgoswami.com/Contact_Amit_Goswami.htm

        Salus,
        James

        I'm sure that everyone here has come across the website,
        www.fourfoldpath. org I was wondering if that is a good resource.

        Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7- Find out more.

      • Pablo Sender
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 8, 2008
          James and Michael,

          Amit is a member of the Theosophical Society and one month ago delivered some lectures at its National Center in America, in Wheaton, Illinois. I went to the lectures, but I'm don't thinks he knows about pythagorean philosophy.
          Pablo

          Visit my theosophical website at http://pasender.tripod.com/
          En español: http://pasender.tripod.com/id12.html

          I'm sure that everyone here has come across the website,
          www.fourfoldpath. org I was wondering if that is a good resource.

          Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7- Find out more.

          Yahoo! Cocina
          Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
          Visitá http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/
        • michael michael
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 9, 2008
            Thankyou James; as always, openly generous. I'll see what transpires!

            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 9, 2008
              Thankyou, Pablo. We have an historical connection here with the foundation of the theosophical movement in Australia. Indeed, it is from that historical connection that my interest in the subject of ancient measures originated; so your reference is as interesting as it is unexpected.