Re: [Pythagorean-L] Pythagoreans and the Trinity

  • michael michael
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 6, 2007
      Another text to consider relating to the trinity is Plato's Timaeus,31, which shows how the bonding between 'persons' is effected into unity.  On the surface, the text seems to be discussing numbers, but the meaning is much broader.  The arithmoi, ogkoi and dunameis of the text serve equally well as representations of the three persons of the trinity.  Note also that the trinity here, too, necessarily flowers into a 'group of four', in the form of the four elements.
      Just a thought.

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 24, 2007
        The Fully Realized Man, the Whole, the All, the True, man complete in
        Mind and Body, Complete in both the Spirit and the Flesh is Greater
        than the sum total of his or her Parts, is Trice Great.

        Sincerly Yours; Hermes Trismegistus.