WOOOO!!!!

  • Sawmi
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14 9:10 AM

      It may not exactly be "Pythagorean", but it sure blew me away....

      "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
      Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
      It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
      We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
      Actually, who are you not to be?
      You are a child of God.
      Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
      There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so
      that other people won't feel insecure around you.
      We are all meant to shine, as children do.
      We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
      It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.
      And as we let our own light shine,
      we unconsciously give other
      people permission to do the same.
      As we are liberated from our own fear,
      our presence automatically liberates others."

      -Nelson Mandella's Inaugural Speech (or not, this is debated, but I love it either way.)
    • James McKinnon
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 14 3:46 PM
        Sounds pretty Pythagorean to me.

        "How a man should proceed from the principle of God
        being the father of all men.

        If a man should be able to assent to this doctrine as
        he ought, that we are all sprung from God in an
        especial manner, and that God is the father both of
        men and of gods, I suppose that he would never have
        any ignoble or mean thoughts about himself. But if
        Caesar should adopt you, no one could endure your
        arrogance; and if you know that you are the son of
        Zeus, will you not be elated? Yet we do not so; but
        since these two things are mingled in the generation
        of man, body in common with the animals, and reason
        and intelligence in common with the gods, many incline
        to this kinship, which is miserable and mortal; and
        some few to that which is divine and happy. Since then
        it is of necessity that every man uses everything
        according to the opinion which he has about it, those,
        the few, who think that they are formed for fidelity
        and modesty and a sure use of appearances have no mean
        or ignoble thoughts about themselves; but with the
        many it is quite the contrary. For they say, "What am
        I? A poor, miserable man, with my wretched bit of
        flesh." Wretched. Indeed; but you possess something
        better than your "bit of flesh." Why then do you
        neglect that which is better, and why do you attach
        yourself to this?

        Through this kinship with the flesh, some of us
        inclining to it become like wolves, faithless and
        treacherous and mischievous: some become like lions,
        savage and untamed; but the greater part of us become
        foxes and other worse animals. For what else is a
        slanderer and a malignant man than a fox, or some
        other more wretched and meaner animal? See, then, and
        take care that you do not become some one of these
        miserable things."

        -Epictetus

        Salus,
        James

        <http://bm.tribe.net/thread/d6314f3b-8836-4de1-9f62-b88d12cb031c#eeb477ec-c8e9-40df-9032-757e4a276f8c>

        > "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
        > Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond
        > measure.
        > It is our light, not our darkness, that most
        > frightens us.
        > We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant,
        > gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
        > Actually, who are you not to be?
        > You are a child of God.
        > Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
        > There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so
        > that other people won't feel insecure around you.
        > We are all meant to shine, as children do.
        > We are born to make manifest the glory of God that
        > is within us.
        > It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.
        > And as we let our own light shine,
        > we unconsciously give other
        > people permission to do the same.
        > As we are liberated from our own fear,
        > our presence automatically liberates others."
        >
        > -Nelson Mandella's Inaugural Speech (or not, this is
        > debated, but I love it either way.)

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Sawmi
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14 6:29 PM
          Thanks for the reminder James!

          I posted your reply back to Denise on the "Burner" list.

          Ol' Bill

> [...]
          > > measure.
          > > It is our light, not our darkness, that most
          > > frightens us.
          > > We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant,
          > > gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
          > > Actually, who are you not to be?
          > > You are a child of God.
          > > Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
          > > There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so
          > > that other people won't feel insecure around you.
          > > We are all meant to shine, as children do.
          > > We are born to make manifest the glory of God that
          > > is within us.
          > > It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.
          > > And as we let our own light shine,
          > > we unconsciously give other
          > > people permission to do the same.
          > > As we are liberated from our own fear,
          > > our presence automatically liberates others."
          > >
          > > -Nelson Mandella's Inaugural Speech (or not, this is
        • dokka srinivasu
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15 5:22 AM
            Dear Members of Pythagorean group of yahoo

            I am happy to inform you that my brother Ed Vos from holland created one website with all my spiritual drawings i made on adobe photoshop and powerpoint.

            this is my website

            In my website you find drawings on several aspects of spirituality.

            Please explore my website and share your comments.

            regards
            dokka srinivasu

            Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket