Cal still there?

  • Sawmi
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 15, 2005
      Hey Cal,

      Are you going to Burning Man this year?  If so, send your address and I'll try to look you up.  I'll be at VW Bus Camp,  7:30 and Fetish.

      Best wishes,
      Ol' Bill the Sawmi
    • Erhan Berber
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 15, 2005

        Please share your observations/memories with us.

        Due to an unexpected serious health issue in the family, I am -although very willing and had planned for quite sometime to participate- unable to attend.

        Peace,

        Erhan

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 15, 2005
          I had the same situation last year.  Heartfelt best wishes, and I'll try to write something when I get back.

          Peace to you (and all of us in these troubled times) also,
          Ol' Bill the Sawmi

          From: "Sawmi" <sawmi@...>
          To: <Pythagorean-L@yahoogroups.com>
          Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:49:02 -0400

          Hey Cal,

          Are you going to Burning Man this year?  If so, send your address and I'll try to look you up.  I'll be at VW Bus Camp,  7:30 and Fetish.

          Best wishes,
          Ol' Bill the Sawmi
        • Cal
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 19, 2005
            It's lookin' pretty grim for me to go. In the last half-hour I was
            there last year, I was in a head-on bike collision that my body still
            hasn't healed from. The environment is really harsh.

            I really wanted to go mainly because of this year's theme, "Psyche:
            Conscious, Unconscious, and Subconscious", but I figure I wouldn't stand
            out there.

            I've already had the experience (and I really truly dove in) -- and a
            killer ritual around the Sat. night burn fire.

            Also, I have absolutely no money (about $7 to my name). If a miracle
            comes through -- i.e., somebody pays for my ticket, for me to get there,
            and my food -- I'll be there.

            Yours,
            Cal

            Quoting Sawmi <sawmi@...>:

            > Hey Cal,
            >
            > Are you going to Burning Man this year? If so, send your address and
            > I'll try to look you up. I'll be at VW Bus Camp, 7:30 and Fetish.
            >
            > Best wishes,
            > Ol' Bill the Sawmi
          • Sawmi
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 19, 2005
              Hey Cal,

              Sorry to hear about your bike accident. Hope you are doing OK.  You are right about the harsh environment....  I ran into one of those big dark burn baskets out on the playa myself one night, but fortunately no lasting injury.

              Your financial situation sounds dire indeed, and I hope it is some very temporary situation.  BM is a financial strain for me also this year, but if you can get in somehow it would be no problem for you to stay at Bus Camp.  No expectations and there has always been plenty of good food around in the past.  As you say, you've had the experience, and the first time is usually the most rewarding unless you want to get into the machinery of the event itself, which I have in a very minor way.

              Best wishes,
              Ol' Bill the Sawmi

              Quoting Sawmi <sawmi@...>:

              > Hey Cal,
              >
              > Are you going to Burning Man this year?  If so, send your address and
              > I'll try to look you up.  I'll be at VW Bus Camp,  7:30 and Fetish.
              >
              > Best wishes,
              > Ol' Bill the Sawmi

            • Cal
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 20, 2005
                Another factor affecting my going is that a cousin of mine is getting
                married on September 1, right in the middle of the week.

                My financial situation sounds dire, but I'm pretty much okay with it
                now. Life clearly intends to strip my life away, down to just about
                nothing. In some ways, it's really cool, since my life is rich and
                powerful, and neither of those are expressed through money.

                Thanks for the offer. If I can get in, I might take you up on your camp
                offer for a couple of days. The food available may be a problem, as I
                am a strict vegan and I don't eat sugar.

                My friend Raines, who has done a lot for PlayaInfo, has taken me to a
                couple of Burning Man planning meetings, and a couple of parties in
                their office. I am not interested in the machinery of the event,
                preferring to devote myself to a new men's tribe that has been forming
                for about a year in the Bay area.

                Yours,
                Cal

              • Sawmi
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 20, 2005
                  Hey Cal,

                  Glad that things are "cool" there. (:-)   Bus camp food is eclectic, but we could probably scrape a couple of non-sugary vegan meals together.

                  If you are still in the Bay area, I'm planning to visit a couple of friends there in San Francisco after BM, so there is a possibility that I could stop by, say "Hi!", and even maybe buy us a good vegan meal if you know of a good cheap vegan restaurant....  I don't have your email address in my system here to contact you off-list, but the current plan is for me to be in SF around Sept. 9, 10, 11.  Please send me an email off-list to sawmi@... if you have any interest in a get-together and I'll send more details off-list.

                  Best wishes,
                  Ol' Bill the Sawmi

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 22, 2005

                    Dear Brothers & Sisters of Pythogarean group

                    In the photos section of our group i creat one album with the name of "Masters".  In that group i add 6 of my masters photos.  There are AscendedMasters, Divine Plan & 5 Guru PUrnima images.

                    Please check them and share your opinion about them.

                    with love

                    dokka

                    Check out Yahoo! India Rakhi Special for Rakhi shopping, contests and lots more.
                    http://in.promos.yahoo.com/rakhi/index.html
                  • dokka srinivasu
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 22, 2005

                      Dear Brothers & Sisters of Pythagorean group

                      In the photos section of our group i create one album named Lightlanguage and there i post my images.

                      regards