Yoo Hoo... anybody there?

  • Sawmi
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2005
      The list didn't go down again did it?  This is the last post I got, and it's been a couple of weeks so I'm just checking....

      Ol' Bill the Sawmi
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2005

        Anxiously expecting the return of the group’s wonderful drivers.  Raphey, didn’t you have enough of vacation?

        Sawmi, what is the date of the “burning man” event this year?

        Erhan

        The list didn't go down again did it?  This is the last post I got, and it's been a couple of weeks so I'm just checking....

        Ol' Bill the Sawmi

        Nah, no good, I was doing my necromancy the other day
        and asked Porphyry about this, he said, no way, he
        said it's a matter of principle, and then muttered
        something about Socrates.

        Salus,
        James

        But before all, thy soul to its faithful duty,Invoke these Gods with fervour, that whose aid,Thy work begun, alone can terminate.  Instructed by them,naught shall then deceive thee: Of diverse beings thou shalt sound the essence; And thou shalt know the principle and end of All.

      • Sawmi
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2005
          Hey Erhan,

          Good to hear that there is still someone out there!  Perhaps we HAVE become too dependent on a few revered opinion leaders to keep us moving, but I suspect that our REAL problem is the name of our preceptor.  I mean Py-thag-o-rus....  It has four syllables and it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.  With a name like that, how can we expect to compete in the fast-moving modern spiritual marketplace?

          Almost all of the really successful founders of spiritual movements have easy-to-pronounce two syllable names.  I mean "Moses," "Jesus," "Buddha," "Lao Tzu."  The one notable exception, "Mohammed" has three syllables and just look at the difficulties and misunderstandings he is enduring in our modern world.  Four syllables is just an insurmountable hurdle.  The only real solution I see is to come up with a short snappy nickname for Pythagoras.

          I have been pondering this, and I keep coming up with "Thag," but somehow I can't get truly comfortable with it....  Maybe someone else has a thought?

          Anyway, according to what it says on my ticket, Burning Man is Aug 29 - Sept 5 this year.  For those who might have some interest in the story, the Burning Man Borg - Borg2 uproar seems to have died down a bit following a moderately successful Borg2 "Flying Pig Sex Disaster" fund raiser.  Two hollow pigs were constructed, then, at a gala event, all attendees contributed their spare change to fill the pigs, which were then topped off with bacon grease (Eeuuw... I know), set on fire and flown overhead on wires while the change dropped out clanging and clattering onto a BIG copper tray....   I hear this all went OK until time came to clean and roll the sooty, greasy, totally disgusting mess of change.  Volunteers were found willing to deal with the quarters, dimes and nickels, but there was rebellion in the ranks when it came time to roll the estimated 100,000 pennies.  This then led to the first Borg2 art grant - of 100,000 pennies - to a worthy but DESPERATELY underfunded artist.  Nothing comes easy in this world I guess....

          Life goes on.

          Ol' B the S