Re: [Pythagorean-L] Bill Meegan and his bible authorship theory.

  • Howard Parker
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 13, 2012
      Klaus Schilling has reminded us that the Historical Roman and Jewish records of the time have no reference to a real Jesus.

      He goes on to conclude therefore that..."Jesus was by absolutely no means whatsoever a real man" according to Van den Bergh.

      Van den Bergh was a minor theologian from the Netherlands who during the 19th century was part of the very large discussion around this. His conclusions were that he merely found no recorded evidence for an actual crucifixion  of a person claiming to be the Messiah as the origin of Christianity. [Wikipedia]

      But there is recorded evidence for all the other major characters involved, It was such a minor affair at the time, Rome found no reason to record this.

      And if there were any Jewish records kept for this minor affair [at the time] then I'm sure that during the course of time someone found the ability to make the record 'go missing' for understandable reasons.

      We don't need to get embroiled in the fact of no records appearing to dismiss the meaning that the Akhenaten/Jewish transition to Greek Christianity has had a profound impact on humanity.

      It allowed a minor religious tradition to go main stream with the caveat of universal love.

      But I must dispute anybody who intimates that the crucifixion and the people involved, including a real or not real Jesus, had any intention in creating Christianity. They were all minor Greek Jewish reformers not worthy of official records.

      It was the effect of Paul of Tarsus and Constantine that brought about Christianity separated from it's Jewish origins.

      The record of the Akhenaten [real], Moses [real or not], Pythagoras [real or not] and Joshua-Jesus [real or not]  connections are coming in all the time and it's the purpose of this Pythagorean site to discuss these matters and not dismiss them out of hand.

      HKP

    • kentagain@yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 13, 2012
          From: kentagain@...
          Subject: Re: [Pythagorean-L] Bill Meegan and his bible authorship theory.
          Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 20:15:14 -0500

          > I would that Saul of Tarsus was responsible for the beginnings of
          > Christianity as we know it

          All nonsense, as Paul of Tarsus is a fictitious person.

          Klaus Schilling
        • THOMASMICHAEL CAMPBELL
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 14, 2012
            right on Klaus

            Tom C

            > I would that Saul of Tarsus was responsible for the beginnings of
            > Christianity as we know it

            All nonsense, as Paul of Tarsus is a fictitious person.

            Klaus Schilling

          • A.C.B.
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 14, 2012

              Why is Paul of Tarsus a fictitious person? Paul maybe appalling at times but he is the Hellenized  Jew who saw the light on his way to Damascus.

              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 14, 2012
                Why, "right on Klaus?"

                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 14, 2012
                  Why not?

                  Tom C

                  From: THOMASMICHAEL CAMPBELL <theminde@...>
                  To: "Pythagorean-L@yahoogroups.com" <Pythagorean-L@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 7:42 AM

                  right on Klaus

                  Tom C

                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 14, 2012

                    Klaus,

                    The main information that was being given was the possible connections between Pythagoreans and the writing of the Torah.

                    To do this it was necessary to bring in the historical drama of the Pharaoh Akhenaten [the world's first Monotheist]; his possible connection to the origins of the people of Israel through the personage (real or unreal) of Moses.

                    Then to develop the connection of the Egyptian Mystery school to Pythagoras (real or unreal). Then from Pythagoras through Ptolemy and the Septaugint (The first written version of the Torah).

                    I would really like to hear your thought on this.

                    This was the main purpose of this line of discussion.

                    The debate regarding the origins of Christianity should be left to other times and are only at best peripheral here.

                    No doubt your work of teaching robotics and telematics at the Julius-Maximilians-University requires an extremely high degree of accuracy, and I appreciate your very definitive dismissal of Christian mythes as reality...all in the search of truth.

                    I think we'd all appreciate that quality of yours if you'd stay 'on topic' (Pythagoras, Aknenaten and the Torah).

                    I do apologize for opening that esoteric side and drifting from staying 'on topic'...I should know better.

                    right Thomas Campbell?

                    HKP

                    Why, "right on Klaus?"

                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 14, 2012
                      Because there is a difference between sophistry and wisdom.

                      From: THOMASMICHAEL CAMPBELL <theminde@...>
                      To: "Pythagorean-L@yahoogroups.com" <Pythagorean-L@yahoogroups.com>
                      Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 7:42 AM

                      right on Klaus