Re: [Pythagorean-L] Bill Meegan and his bible authorship theory.

  • THOMASMICHAEL CAMPBELL
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 13, 2012
      Right.

      The anointed one? if that is not Pythagorean I'll eat my computer bit by bit.

      Whenever christians need to quote historical facts in defence of the Greek-named character, they mention either Jewish Josphus or  Latin Tacitus. By chanceb the same Greek named character was kiiled under a three-language sign.

      Josephus we can ignore: he came well after the Anointed One, but Tacitus is an entirely different matter: in the same book (15) he tells of the horrid christians, and in a further passage he mentions another horrid name: Pythagoreans. In fact he even says that Nero marries a Pythagorean. All this takes place when the most memorable thing to happen in Rome: the great fire, takes place. Nero blames the christians and, like Rome burnt, he has them burnt to death (among other horrible methods).

      Greek-named Christ > "I thirst"  " water and blood ..bore record"  water wine, walk on water.......

      Greek Pythagoras > linked with Nero > fire.

      What a coincidence: the Greek word for water is nero.

      Tom C

      From: Joe Flower <joeflower9937@...>
      Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 17:00:44 -0800 (PST)

      >    My take on this, after much reading on the topic, but not being a
      > scholar on it, is that both Pythagoras and Jesus (5oo years later)
      > were real men.

      All nonsense, Jesus was by absolutely no means whatsoever a real man,
      but a mystery god only, as already proven by Gustaaf Adolf van den Bergh
      van Eysinga in "Leeft Jezus -- of heeft hij allen maar geleefd?".

      Klaus Schilling

    • Howard Parker
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 13, 2012
        Klaus Schilling has reminded us that the Historical Roman and Jewish records of the time have no reference to a real Jesus.

        He goes on to conclude therefore that..."Jesus was by absolutely no means whatsoever a real man" according to Van den Bergh.

        Van den Bergh was a minor theologian from the Netherlands who during the 19th century was part of the very large discussion around this. His conclusions were that he merely found no recorded evidence for an actual crucifixion  of a person claiming to be the Messiah as the origin of Christianity. [Wikipedia]

        But there is recorded evidence for all the other major characters involved, It was such a minor affair at the time, Rome found no reason to record this.

        And if there were any Jewish records kept for this minor affair [at the time] then I'm sure that during the course of time someone found the ability to make the record 'go missing' for understandable reasons.

        We don't need to get embroiled in the fact of no records appearing to dismiss the meaning that the Akhenaten/Jewish transition to Greek Christianity has had a profound impact on humanity.

        It allowed a minor religious tradition to go main stream with the caveat of universal love.

        But I must dispute anybody who intimates that the crucifixion and the people involved, including a real or not real Jesus, had any intention in creating Christianity. They were all minor Greek Jewish reformers not worthy of official records.

        It was the effect of Paul of Tarsus and Constantine that brought about Christianity separated from it's Jewish origins.

        The record of the Akhenaten [real], Moses [real or not], Pythagoras [real or not] and Joshua-Jesus [real or not]  connections are coming in all the time and it's the purpose of this Pythagorean site to discuss these matters and not dismiss them out of hand.

        HKP

      • kentagain@yahoo.com

          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 13, 2012
            From: kentagain@...
            Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 20:15:14 -0500

            > I would that Saul of Tarsus was responsible for the beginnings of
            > Christianity as we know it

            All nonsense, as Paul of Tarsus is a fictitious person.

            Klaus Schilling
          • THOMASMICHAEL CAMPBELL
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 14, 2012
              right on Klaus

              Tom C

              > I would that Saul of Tarsus was responsible for the beginnings of
              > Christianity as we know it

              All nonsense, as Paul of Tarsus is a fictitious person.

              Klaus Schilling

            • A.C.B.
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 14, 2012

                Why is Paul of Tarsus a fictitious person? Paul maybe appalling at times but he is the Hellenized  Jew who saw the light on his way to Damascus.

                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 14, 2012
                  Why, "right on Klaus?"

                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 14, 2012
                    Why not?

                    Tom C

                    From: THOMASMICHAEL CAMPBELL <theminde@...>
                    To: "Pythagorean-L@yahoogroups.com" <Pythagorean-L@yahoogroups.com>
                    Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 7:42 AM

                    right on Klaus

                    Tom C

                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 14, 2012

                      Klaus,

                      The main information that was being given was the possible connections between Pythagoreans and the writing of the Torah.

                      To do this it was necessary to bring in the historical drama of the Pharaoh Akhenaten [the world's first Monotheist]; his possible connection to the origins of the people of Israel through the personage (real or unreal) of Moses.

                      Then to develop the connection of the Egyptian Mystery school to Pythagoras (real or unreal). Then from Pythagoras through Ptolemy and the Septaugint (The first written version of the Torah).

                      I would really like to hear your thought on this.

                      This was the main purpose of this line of discussion.

                      The debate regarding the origins of Christianity should be left to other times and are only at best peripheral here.

                      No doubt your work of teaching robotics and telematics at the Julius-Maximilians-University requires an extremely high degree of accuracy, and I appreciate your very definitive dismissal of Christian mythes as reality...all in the search of truth.

                      I think we'd all appreciate that quality of yours if you'd stay 'on topic' (Pythagoras, Aknenaten and the Torah).

                      I do apologize for opening that esoteric side and drifting from staying 'on topic'...I should know better.

                      right Thomas Campbell?

                      HKP

                      Why, "right on Klaus?"

                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 14, 2012
                        Because there is a difference between sophistry and wisdom.

                        From: THOMASMICHAEL CAMPBELL <theminde@...>
                        To: "Pythagorean-L@yahoogroups.com" <Pythagorean-L@yahoogroups.com>
                        Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 7:42 AM

                        right on Klaus