Re: [Pythagorean-L] Re: Pythagorean esotericism

  • James McKinnon
    Message 1 of 58 , Feb 13, 2011
      Bill,

      Really?  Do you have any training advise, or are you just blowing smoke?  To quote Acts, "men and brethren, what should we do?"

      Really. it's very nice to see that it's possible to find an esoteric meaning in ancient literature, but how does a person come to 'know thyself."  Is there a method?  Is there a practice?  is there a path?  Did anyone leave a road map?  You're the smart guy. tell us how your 10X10 matrix helps us come to know what we truly are, and is that all there is to it.  Or is it possible that it might require a very comprehensive training regimen to accomplish?
      I've looked at your book.  It shows a handful of interesting things, but ultimately is just window dressing.  What is the rest of the story.  How can a person systematically come to understand their essential nature.  The Buddhists have a method.  The Brahmins have a method, the Taoists have a method.  The Rishis have a method.  Is there a method in the West?   I think there is, do you know what it is?

      Salus,
      James

      Message 58 of 58 , Oct 30, 2011
        --- In Pythagorean-L@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Meegan" <williamjohnmeegan@...> wrote:
        The secret to life
        > is to ENJOY AND EXPERIENCE LIFE. That may sound as if I am oversimplifying it but essentially that is it in a nut shell. All
        > the rest is dressing. However, this is a great deal to learn and reject on the road to that conclusion. THERE IS NO GOOD OR EVIL if a person is true to himself.
        > Andrew
        >

        >THERE IS NO GOOD OR EVIL if a person is true to himself.

        True, but there is more to Good and Evil than meets the eye, thine single eye.

        You left off the descriptive noun that gives meaning to the words Good and Evil, the word Knowledge.

        When it comes to Evil, the Fruit of the matter, the subject matter,
        is the knowledge of Good and Evil that is born of a Single Source;
        Knowledge having a dual quality, Absolutely Bad Knowledge, the Greatest cause of all suffering; Absolutely Bad Knowledge mistaken to be Absolutely Good knowledge as it issues forth from it single source.

        Self being the source, origin, of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is a self that is not true to self, is Duplicitous, Guileful.

        You best believe that the Knowledge of Good and Evil does exist.

        True, if you are not self-deceptive, self being the origin, the single source of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, Knowledge having a dual quality, Absolutely Bad Knowledge mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge, is Knowledge born of a single source, said single source, Individual, not being true to himself.

        The Knowledge of Good and Evil, said Knowledge being the fruit born a single source, Knowledge that is not of a reality that is readily apparent, that is not measurable as to location and momentum in Space-Time, is Absolutely bad knowledge, is not truthful, is duplicitous, has a dual quality, Absolutely Bad Knowledge mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge.

        As Lao Tzu might say;

        Knowledge, as it issues forth from a single source, having a dual quality, being duplicitous, guileful, deceptive, the single source of said knowledge being untrue to himself, the Absolutely Bad Knowledge as it comes to fruition, is made manifest Absolutely Good Knowledge, as it issues forth from the single source, is give two Names, The Knowledge of Good and Evil.