Re: [Pythagorean-L] Re: Pythagorean esotericism

  • Erhan Berber
    Message 1 of 58 , Feb 12, 2011
    Hi Les,

    As always, I remain interested in your articles; please do send me a copy of the "small paper".

    Congratulations on your book; please let us know how we cwn order (have you considered publishing it in Kindle or similar format?

    Here is my attempt for your 7:24:25 question...  This is a guesstimate only, and I know I may not be correct.

    Keep up the good work and best wishes.

    Erhan

    From: Bill Meegan <williamjohnmeegan@...>
    Subject: [Pythagorean-L] Re: Pythagorean esotericism
    To: Pythagorean-L@yahoogroups.com

    Leslie:

    It would interest me greatly how you envisage concealed designs in ancient literature. If it is similar to how I was able to discern
    the esoteric teaching then I would be greatly interest indeed.

    If your discoveries of these designs are correct they would have to be
    universal and therefore similar to my own discoveries.

    I have been working from several esoteric venues and they all use
    the 10 x 10 matrix as their inspirations: for example:
    1) The Sacred Scripture
    2) The Sistine Chapel
    3) Dante Alighieri's La Divina Commedia
    4) Great Pyramid
    5) Babylonian Zigurrats
    6) Chinese I Ching
    7) Hindu: Kundalini
    8) Alchemical Woodcut Carving in the Rosarium Philosophium
    9) Pythagorian mathematics
    10) Stainglass Windows
    11) Cathedral building
    12) and much more

    As you can see there are different genres of thought here and
    different art venues: literature both religious and secular,
    frescoes paintomg, stone monuments.

    These all have a generic system inherent in from the mind of man to
    work from: intelligent desisign so to speak.

    So yes, if such a book comes out let me know I will be one of your
    first customers.

    Bill Meegan

    --- In Pythagorean-L@yahoogroups.com, leslie greenhill <neoplatonist2000@...> wrote:

    > Hi Bill
    >

    > Nice timing.  I am just about to circulate this notice.
    >

    > CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
    >

    > A new book that deals with Pythagorean formulations concealed in certain
    > literature of the classical world has been completed to draft form.  Provisionally entitled Entwined Designs
    > the new work contains many discoveries about designs that have clearly been
    > influenced by Pythagorean philosophy.
    > Below is a general outline of the contents:
    >
    > Vitruvian Man as rendered by Leonardo da
    > Vinci is one of humankind’s most famous and influential images.  Detailed specifications for the height and
    > body parts of Vitruvian Man were given more than 2000 years ago by the Roman
    > architect Vitruvius in his famous treatise The Ten Books on Architecture.  The startling geometric source of the
    > specifications has been recovered.  The
    > same geometry has a direct link to ancient images of the cosmos and the world,
    > Plato’s famous design for the lost island of Atlantis, and remarkable
    > formulations in the Histories by the
    > Greek historian Herodotus.  The histories
    > of mathematics, architecture, design and culture are radically changed in this
    > work.  What comes to light here has no
    > precedent.  The text and illustrations in
    > Entwined Designs are not just to be read and viewed, they are to be digested
    > and experienced.  No special mathematical
    > skills are required for comprehension of the material.
    >

    > P.O. Box 314
    >
    > Mentone, Victoria 3194 Australia
    >
    > Email: neoplatonist2000@...
    >
    > P.O. Box 314
    >
    > Mentone, Victoria 3194 Australia
    >
    > Email: neoplatonist2000@...

  • Wayne
    Message 58 of 58 , Oct 30, 2011
      --- In Pythagorean-L@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Meegan" <williamjohnmeegan@...> wrote:
      The secret to life
      > is to ENJOY AND EXPERIENCE LIFE. That may sound as if I am oversimplifying it but essentially that is it in a nut shell. All
      > the rest is dressing. However, this is a great deal to learn and reject on the road to that conclusion. THERE IS NO GOOD OR EVIL if a person is true to himself.
      > Andrew
      >

      >THERE IS NO GOOD OR EVIL if a person is true to himself.

      True, but there is more to Good and Evil than meets the eye, thine single eye.

      You left off the descriptive noun that gives meaning to the words Good and Evil, the word Knowledge.

      When it comes to Evil, the Fruit of the matter, the subject matter,
      is the knowledge of Good and Evil that is born of a Single Source;
      Knowledge having a dual quality, Absolutely Bad Knowledge, the Greatest cause of all suffering; Absolutely Bad Knowledge mistaken to be Absolutely Good knowledge as it issues forth from it single source.

      Self being the source, origin, of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is a self that is not true to self, is Duplicitous, Guileful.

      You best believe that the Knowledge of Good and Evil does exist.

      True, if you are not self-deceptive, self being the origin, the single source of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, Knowledge having a dual quality, Absolutely Bad Knowledge mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge, is Knowledge born of a single source, said single source, Individual, not being true to himself.

      The Knowledge of Good and Evil, said Knowledge being the fruit born a single source, Knowledge that is not of a reality that is readily apparent, that is not measurable as to location and momentum in Space-Time, is Absolutely bad knowledge, is not truthful, is duplicitous, has a dual quality, Absolutely Bad Knowledge mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge.

      As Lao Tzu might say;

      Knowledge, as it issues forth from a single source, having a dual quality, being duplicitous, guileful, deceptive, the single source of said knowledge being untrue to himself, the Absolutely Bad Knowledge as it comes to fruition, is made manifest Absolutely Good Knowledge, as it issues forth from the single source, is give two Names, The Knowledge of Good and Evil.