A quandry?

  • Spiritpathpress@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2001
      In a message dated 6/1/01 5:56:00 AM, PulseDiagnosis@yahoogroups.com writes:

      << The profession is in a quandary regarding
      the use of this term. I believe people should identify what features of the
      'choppy' pulse are being used to make such a designation because they have
      differing etiological and pathological meaning. >>

      1. I think there is more than one pulse quality that is indicative of blood
      stagnation.
      2.Further, all cases of blood stagnation do not necesarily exhibit a choppy
      pulse. For example, I have seen ropey pulses where there certainly is much
      blood heat in the elderly who have many purple spider veins indicative of
      blood stagnation. However the surface of the pulse does not feel choppy but
      feels smooth.
      3. What we might identify as a rough vibration does corellate with blood
      stagnation in some cases.
      4. Blood stagnation can exist psychospiritually and not yet be physically
      manifest. In these cases I find the pulse is not yet what I'd call choppy but
      I can see the process in the pulse.

      -Just some thoughts..........