Re: [PulseDiagnosis] Re: Reference Book for Western Herbs

  • Luke Terry
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 1 10:48 PM
      Matt,

      Thanks for the reference, sir. I will look into Ross's books ASAP. I'm always looking for great books on local & western herbs to use with and compliment TCM herbs. I'm not a fan of lobelia, but I work with a western herbalist who swears by it in very specific instances. And as you implied, self testing has a long and honorable history dating back to, and far predating our own Sheng Nong.

      Cheers,

      Luke

      On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM, matthew <matthaug2002@...> wrote:

      Hey Luke, just noticing this thread. Probably the best book on combining Western herbs with Eastern Medicine, are Jeremy Ross's works.
      There was the first volume: "Combining Western Herbs and Chinese Medicine" and now he has a 2nd volume out "Clinical Materia Medica".
      Both are available from Eastland Press.
      The first volume is prob the one you are looking for. It is set up like Bensky's herbal and has lot of two herb combinations, modifications that are interesting to think about. On the other hand, as a student and friend of Michael Moore, and as a reader of older Eclectic material and Homeopathic texts, there is a lot in this book I could be critical of.
      For instance, Ross only uses and recommends dried plant Lobelia and seems to indicate that he gets great results from this preparation. Try it your self and see how it makes you feel, its NOT great medicine.
      But the text has other things that make it of value, esp if Chinese Med is your thing and you are curious about local plants.

      all bests

      Matt Haug LAc

    • Liat Makmal
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 15 10:46 AM

        Hi,
        I need referral in Bellevue Washington
        If anyone know someone to treat alcohol addiction recovery.
        Thanks
        Liat Levkovitz

        .