Re: Pre-op Prep

  • meifeng30
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 24, 2013
      Can Su 蟾酥、Yang Jin Hua洋金花、Bo He Nao薄荷脑、Xi Xin细辛、Du Lang毒狼、 Chuan Wu Tou川乌、Cao Wu Tou草乌、Sheng Nan Xing生南星,Sheng Ban Xia生半夏,Hu Jiao胡椒. Each 10g, powder into 70% alcohol, put them to local skin area for Chinese herbal anesthesia before surgery.
      Regards
      Feng Mei, MSOM, L.Ac.
      http://www.latcmwellnesscenter.com

      --- In PulseDiagnosis@yahoogroups.com, "rasqual9" <bluegreendragon9@...> wrote:

      > I remember, in my second TCM school, my OB-GYN teacher mentioned a couple of formulae that were a benefit to start dosing before undergoing surgery.
      > Well, the Love of My Life is going to get general anesthesia for an OB operation, and I'm looking to speed her healing, kill as much pain as possible, and flush the effects of the anesthesia. Anybody got a good protocol? Of course, I'd like to have this chambered for my regular clients as well.

    • stephen clipp
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 4 12:34 PM
        Lynn, could you tell me how soon before your operation you began taking YBY? What was your dosage? Did you take it the day of the operation?

        Will, would someone start your formula as soon as returning from the hospital?

        Thanks again!

        To: PulseDiagnosis@yahoogroups.com
        From: lborzillo@...
        Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:01:48 -0500
        Subject: Re: [PulseDiagnosis] Pre-op Prep

        Just as an FYI, I had eyelid surgery and with my surgeon's permission I took YBY pre and post opp (of course he'd never heard of it, so I sent him a peer reviewed journal article). He was amazed how little pain I had and how quickly I healed. He definitely attributed it to YBY.

        Lynn Borzillo, DA

        On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:27 PM, stephen clipp <bluegreendragon9@...> wrote:

        Forgot about that 'Rasqual' name, it's been awhile.
        Thanks very much for the formula, Will.
        On a tangential subject, awhile back I read an account of a nutritionist who went in for some surgery, who mentioned that he went in so loaded up on 'antioxidants and plant-oxidants,' that he healed in 1/3 the normal time.
        Anyone got info on non-TCM stuff like this?

        --

        www.NEacupuncture.com

      • Lynn
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 4 2:08 PM
          Hi Stephen,

          I started YBY 3 days pre-op at a dosage of  0.25 g - 0.5 g 4 times daily. Because mine came in the 4 gm vials, I estimated the dose range.
          If my memory serves me correctly, I also took if for a few days post-op for pain. I followed the surgeons protocol for nothing by mouth prior to surgery.

          Here is a link to the abstract I showed my surgeon. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19153029#

          Best regards,
          Lynn

          To: PulseDiagnosis@yahoogroups.com
          From: lborzillo@...
          Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:01:48 -0500

> [...]

          > > Well, the Love of My Life is going to get general anesthesia for an OB operation, and I'm looking to speed her healing, kill as much pain as possible, and flush the effects of the anesthesia. Anybody got a good protocol? Of course, I'd like to have this chambered for my regular clients as well.
          > >

          > --
          > William R. Morris, PhD, DAOM, LAc
          > http://pulsediagnosis.com/
          > http://www.aoma.edu/
          > http://taaom.org/
          >
          > This message, including attachments, contains confidential information
          > and is intended only for the individual(s) named. Any use by others is
          > strictly prohibited. Do not disseminate, distribute or copy this
          > email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have
          > received this email by mistake, and delete this email from your

        • uboru
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 15 12:21 PM
            As a former nurse anesthetist who's in acupuncture school, I have to advise caution in giving YBY pre op. If one is having vascular surgery, certain doses of heparin are given IV and then reversed at various times during the surgery in order to help and test the patency of a graft.

            Using YBY to prevent bleeding would be a very bad idea in such circumstances.

            Diane

            From: lborzillo@...
            Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:01:48 -0500

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 15 12:51 PM
              THanks, Diane.
              We're keeping the YBY for starting 2 days post-surgery; I talked with a guy that basically scared the crap out of me with stories of people bleeding out on the operating table. Hope fish oil's OK.

              To: PulseDiagnosis@yahoogroups.com
              From: uboru@...
              Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:21:56 -0400

              From: lborzillo@...
              Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:01:48 -0500

> [...]

              > > Well, the Love of My Life is going to get general anesthesia for an OB operation, and I'm looking to speed her healing, kill as much pain as possible, and flush the effects of the anesthesia. Anybody got a good protocol? Of course, I'd like to have this chambered for my regular clients as well.
              > >

              > --
              > William R. Morris, PhD, DAOM, LAc
              > http://pulsediagnosis.com/
              > http://www.aoma.edu/
              > http://taaom.org/
              >
              > This message, including attachments, contains confidential information
              > and is intended only for the individual(s) named. Any use by others is
              > strictly prohibited. Do not disseminate, distribute or copy this
              > email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have
              > received this email by mistake, and delete this email from your

            • William Morris
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 15 1:12 PM
                Thanks Y'all,

                This kind of thing is precisely the concern.

                Bear in mind, post-op side effects are not only circulatory. The entire alimentary tract usually receives impact. That is the basis of the formula I provided.

                Will

                To: PulseDiagnosis@yahoogroups.com
                From: uboru@...
                Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:21:56 -0400

                From: lborzillo@...
                Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:01:48 -0500

                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 15 1:15 PM
                  Fish oil "might" be OK....again, it depends on the type of surgery being done and your pre op lab values.

                  To: PulseDiagnosis@yahoogroups.com
                  From: uboru@...
                  Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:21:56 -0400

                  From: lborzillo@...