Acupuncturist in Cedar Falls, Iowa?

  • Michelle
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 8, 2010
      Hi everyone,
      can anyone refer an acupuncturist in Cedar Falls, Iowa? Maybe even Waterloo...

      A dear friend in Dike, Iowa was diagnosed with breast cancer and will be getting radiation soon. I recommended acupuncture and herbal treatments to her in addition to her conventional treatments.

      Also, she mentioned she has over twenty personal acquaintances in her county (Grundy county, Iowa) with breast cancer. Twenty!!! This is a huge farming community and the smell of chemicals in the fields is an accepted part of life. Any comments or ideas on how to protect oneself from this (apart from the obvious, of course... like moving away...)

      Much gratitude,
      ~Shelly
    • Jagdish Mehta
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2010
        Dear Shelley,
        I am based out of India and had the good fortune of learning Accupressure from a very learned teacher by the name of Mr. Ketan Shah.I am marking a copy of this mail to Mr. Shah as well. He keeps travelling all over the globe and is also very well connected and hopefully should be able to recommend someone in your area.
        Warm Regards and God bless you all !
        Jagdish Mehta

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 9, 2010
          Hi Shelly,

          I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

          At present Master Jeffrey Yuen is lecturing on the treatment of Cancer.  I recently attended a lecture in Dublin, Ireland, and I know he is also lecturing around the States on the same subject too.  Maybe you could attend and learn some of the treatments/approaches?  I would definitely recommend attending if you can.

          One of the things which would immediately benefit your friend would be to change her diet.  Exclude all foods which contain refined sugars (Cancerous cells require sugar).  Alkalize her diet (which is Cooling/Cold in comparison to Cancer which is a Fire Toxin) by eating mostly dark leafy greens/vegetables; Spring Greens, Broccoli, Chard, Spinach etc. (all Organic of course so as not to add any more pesticides residue to her system) and also consider drinking green juices or adding Barley Grass Powder or Wheatgrass powder to drinks and smoothies etc.

          The above are some of the simple things Jeffrey advises.  He goes into much more detail, but for your friend to start making a difference straight away, it would be a brilliant start until she finds a practitioner who can advise her further.

          Best wishes,

          Mir Ali

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 11, 2010
            Shelly,

            to follow up what Mir Ali was saying...

            I have a lymphoma patient now. In addition to getting regular acupuncture and herbs she's following an Ayurvedic cleansing protocol which basically means she's a strict vegan. If your friend is interested in doing it (it's hard work), tell her to look up Gerson therapy or Optimal Health Institute in San Diego. It's pretty much the same thing that Jeffrey Yuen talks about. Our patient didn't go with the allopathic recommendations of chemo, radiation, etc and is doing this intensive dietary protocol, Auyrvedic oil massages, and Chinese medicine. In the past year that I've known her, her spleen went from 22cm (very enlarged) to 11 cm which is almost normal, her liver enzymes normalized and cancer isn't growing. An oncologist recently saw her and said "chemo isn't needed, continue alkalizing".

            A good book to look up is "Alternatives in Cancer Therapy" by Ross Pelton, who is a pharmacist and a Ph.D. He ran an alternative cancer therapy ward in a large hospital. It gives a good overview of what is out there: shark cartilage, laetrile, etc with info on how to get it.

            Interestingly enough, a year ago my father told me about an article he read in one of his medical journals (he's an MD). They analyzed 150 years worth of medical records from a female monastery somewhere in England. The nuns who developed breast cancer didn't go for conventional treatments. I don't know if they did herbs or other traditional therapies but I suppose they probably did. They compared the nuns' survival rates with the women who did conventional treatments and it turned out to be the same.

            I hope this helps.

            Sasha

            --- In PulseDiagnosis@yahoogroups.com, "Mir Abbas Ali" <m.a.ali@...> wrote:

            > Hi Shelly,
            >
            > I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
            >
            > At present Master Jeffrey Yuen is lecturing on the treatment of Cancer. I recently attended a lecture in Dublin, Ireland, and I know he is also lecturing around the States on the same subject too. Maybe you could attend and learn some of the treatments/approaches? I would definitely recommend attending if you can.
            >
            > One of the things which would immediately benefit your friend would be to change her diet. Exclude all foods which contain refined sugars (Cancerous cells require sugar). Alkalize her diet (which is Cooling/Cold in comparison to Cancer which is a Fire Toxin) by eating mostly dark leafy greens/vegetables; Spring Greens, Broccoli, Chard, Spinach etc. (all Organic of course so as not to add any more pesticides residue to her system) and also consider drinking green juices or adding Barley Grass Powder or Wheatgrass powder to drinks and smoothies etc.
            >
            > The above are some of the simple things Jeffrey advises. He goes into much more detail, but for your friend to start making a difference straight away, it would be a brilliant start until she finds a practitioner who can advise her further.
            >

            > Best wishes,
            >
            > Mir Ali

          • Stephen Schachter
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 11, 2010
              Dear Group,
              I have an acquaintance who'd moving to NYC, lower Manhatten and needs
              a wonderful practitioner for his chronic TMJ.

              Thanks,
              Steve Schachter
            • Robbee Fian
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 11, 2010
                Hi Steve,

                there are plenty of wonderful practitioners here in NYC!

                my husband and I have been in practice over 25 years each and are in
                midtown.

                warmly,

                Robbee Fian
                212 564 5324

                On Jun 11, 2010, at 9:25 AM, Stephen Schachter wrote:

                > Dear Group,
                > I have an acquaintance who'd moving to NYC, lower Manhatten and needs
                > a wonderful practitioner for his chronic TMJ.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Steve Schachter

              • grace szczepaniec
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 11, 2010