Re: [PulseDiagnosis] Re: visceral massage and colon cancer

  • Darby Valley, L.Ac.
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 20, 2009
      I get the theory,  but it is theory that led to western medicine of old's style of bleeding.  Is this like the current question of whether to use blood movers on patients taking coumadin?  I was taught and have found clinically that: "you treat what you see" is the best maxim.  Would a tcm practitioner of the Han dynasty using tui na or massage or whatever they had available hesitated to move the blood by whatever means possible.  All I have heard so far on this list is my teacher told me no so I don't.  I respect that, but what is the basis of that concern.  Is it just an excess of caution or are there clinically based concerns?  Has it been tested?  How long has it been taught as a concern?  I for one, would definitely use it on myself.  I would be more recalcitrant to recommend it for my patients.

      Από: darby_colleen <darby@yogadoc. com>
      Θέμα: [PulseDiagnosis] Re: visceral massage and colon cancer
      Προς: PulseDiagnosis@ yahoogroups. com
      Ημερομηνία: Παρασκευή, 17 Απρίλιος 2009, 14:59

      Is there research to support this contraindication or is this just supposition?

      Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!
      http://login. yahoo.com/ config/mail? .intl=gr