Ying qi cycle pre and post heaven

  • tomas_aquaqi
    Message 1 of 42 , Apr 6, 2009
      Greetings all,

      I am curious if anyone has any information on when the ying qi cycle is said to start its circulation? Specifically, does it start circulating at the moment of birth, as this corresponds to the transition point from pre-heaven to post-heaven (and therefore from the extraordinary meridians to the primary channels)?

      Thank you,
      Tom
    • mystir
      Message 42 of 42 , Apr 11, 2009
        Dear Eric and Will, I haven't had time to draw scan and send the pulse picture yet but I will, also, the conversation is going into interesting areas already. The yin-yang harmony, eyes, ears symmetry, and history, I find useful for constitutional. But also, I look at the index and ring finger length on each hand, compared to left and right hand, arm and leg length, stride, l/r breast and muscle and strength development, and other things, and (from what can be gathered or inferred) about the mother's state while the patient was in the womb (ancestoral, at least the mother!).
         In other words, it isn't such a flakey theoretical 8em or yuan chi or deep position. The mom and her world experience during the pregnancy is the cosmos to the developing child. After birth, the pre-heaven is not closed for a child...
         There is not a more intimate biological relationship than life taking shape in the mother. L/R imbalances, neuroses, many things have solid basis here. Forget types, the body and the person is in front of us. All unique, all getting by. Types, like astrology only open conceptual barriers.
         This is a brilliant place, I don't say things as if I know a lot, I don't, but I expect to be challenged. Thank you a lot.