Re: [PulseDiagnosis] NYTimes.com: The Worm Turns

  • Luke Terry
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2008
      There's a raw food 'guru' in Venice, CA, who advocates eating raw meats & fish, even some in a rotting state, for similar reasons.  His cadre of followers call themselves 'primalists.'  He said that since we evolved with parasites, then they must serve some sort of evolutionary purpose...

      Even though I enjoy steak tartare, carpacchio, and sashimi, I always thought the guy was a bit off his rocker, but this article seems to at least partially vindicate his counterintuitive ideas.

      Still, the China study shows that eating too much animal protein can increase disease rates substantially.  I didn't see much on the pulses  in that article, though.  Would one expect to see a pregnancy  sort of pulse? Big, rolling & damp, plus the energy of another life form?

      Best regards,

      Luke

      On Jun 30, 2008, at 7:12 AM, WMorris116@... wrote:

      The New York Times E-mail This
      This page was sent to you by:  wmorris116@aol. com

      Message from sender:
      Fascinating piece on parasites. You can go here for an article on parasites and pulse diagnosis. Warmly, W

      MAGAZINE   | June 29, 2008
      Idea Lab:  The Worm Turns
      By MOISES VELASQUEZ-MANOFF
      Could we cure some diseases by reintroducing parasites?

      Most E-mailed
      1. Op-Ed Columnist: Anxious in America
      2. Weighing the Costs of a CT Scan’s Look Inside the Heart
      3. Hidden Gardens of Paris
      4. No Babies?
      5. Op-Ed Columnist: ‘It’s Over, Lady!’

      »  Go to Complete List

      FROM THE AUTHOR OF FIGHT CLUB - CHOKEWinner of the Special Jury Prize at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival, CHOKE is a wickedly colorful dark comedy starring Sam Rockwell and Anjelica Huston. In Select Theatres September 26th.
      Click here to watch trailer

      Copyright 2008  The New York Times Company | Privacy Policy

    • William Morris
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
        HI Luke I do recall this movement now. It seemed like many people got quite sick. Also, some of them put off quite a stench.
        The most common pulse I have seen in parasitic infections is what Hammer calls empty. There is no root in the pulses of the middle positions. It seems to me that the person becomes qi depleted after contending with the infection over time.

        Warmly,

        Will

        --

        William R. Morris, PhD (C), DAOM, LAc
        http://theccrt.com/
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
          HI Luke I do recall this movement now. It seemed like many people got quite sick. Also, some of them put off quite a stench.

          You are right, the article did not have information on pulse diagnosis. That was in this link: http://www.pulsediagnosis.com/PulseDiagnosisParasitesandHerbs.htm

          The most common pulse I have seen in parasitic infections is what Hammer calls empty. There is no root in the pulses of the middle positions. It seems to me that the person becomes qi depleted after contending with the infection over time. This is an artifact of the chronic nature of the condition by the time I see a patient. In acute nematode infections, I have felt a "squigly," slippery-turbulent sensation in the locus of the infection between the organ and blood depths.