Neoclassical pulse case study 2

  • cusick56
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006
      F: 25
      CC: Left Shoulder pain - 5 days
      Worse with shrugging and lifting heavy objects. Better: Rest. No
      change with weather, and has not tried hot or cold. Pain is
      deep,stiff, and feels underneath the tendons.
      No other outstanding health issues.

      Pulse: Moderate and Shaoyang

      Misinterpreted shaoyang pulse as shaoyinin diagnosing channels to
      palpate. Palpated P4 and LV 6 on both sides. Left LV 6 most tender,
      and the shaoyang pulse (which I was thinking Shao yin) disapperred. On
      neddling the point to the depth of accumulation, and meditating
      dispersion into the accumulation, the shaoyang pulse stayed gone. Then
      after removing the needle (15 minute duration) the pulse returned. I
      needled again, shaoyang disappeared, retained 15 minutes, removed
      needle, pulse reapeared. Pain and stiffness in shoulder remained. A
      second attempt will be made using the correct shaoyang cheannels, but
      does anyone have and needling or moxa suggestions to have sustaining
      pulse results after manipulation on reactive points?

      Happy Day,

      Anne Cusick