Pulse Taking

  • KD
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2006
      In an effort to understand my new pulse taking skills...I recently took
      a patient's pulse and felt an excess aspect (tiny extension) to the R-
      proximal guan position between guan and chi. Does this indicate some
      time of blockage between these organ systems? Or...what might this
      indicate?

      KD Smith
    • joseph adams
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
        Hi KD,
        The area you are identifying relates, according to Leon Hammer, to the Small intestine. I have included a chart summarizing all of the primary and complementary positions described in his System. Does this Si connection seem relevant?
        Joe

        KD <KDLACA@...> wrote:
        In an effort to understand my new pulse taking skills...I recently took
        a patient's pulse and felt an excess aspect (tiny extension) to the R-
        proximal guan position between guan and chi. Does this indicate some
        time of blockage between these organ systems? Or...what might this
        indicate?

        KD Smith

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • KDLACA@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
          Joe thanks for the diagram and explanation ~ piece by piece this information is so helpful; thank you!!  And w/regard to the SI connection, it does seem to be involved w/that particular patient's issue of "sorting it all out" - physiologically it is playing out as a SP/KI Qi deficiency.  All the best~ KD
        • WMorris116@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
            Joe - what a great job you are doing with teaching and practicing in both the Shen-Hammer and the Neoclassical models. If you ever need a letter of recommendation for teaching in Northern CA let me know.

            Will

            William R. Morris, DAOM, MSEd, LAc
            President, AAOM
            2700 Anderson Ln 204