Re: [PulseDiagnosis] Questions

  • Ngan-Thuy Pham
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 2, 2004
      USA, northern hemisphere.  Does this make a difference and if so how?

      Thuy

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Kay Sera
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 16, 2005
        John,

        It's a Japanese name so the accent is slightly on the first syllable.  I prefer the Doris Day song pronounciation, 'though.

        Que Sera Sera

        Kay

        John Garbarini <johnlg_2000@...> wrote:
        Kay-
          Is your name pronounced like Doris Day's song?
           John G.
        --- WMorris116@... wrote:

        > Hi Kay Sera -
        >
        > 1. The method for organizing the acupucnture
        > treatment is the same as
        > principles of treatment. That is, yin-yang channel
        > pairs and branching pairs. The
        > pulse will tell you what model is expressed
        > especially when there is disparity
        > between the symptoms and the pulse. Eg is it a tai
        > yin pulse and a tai yin
        > trajectory of muscular pain?
        >
        > 2. The length of treatment effect is typical of
        > acupucnture -
        >
        > 3. Yes - in all domains of human experience.
        >
        > Best - Will
        >
        > > Hi Will,
        > >
        > > 1. Is this technique the same as that which we
        > learned in Principles of
        > > Treatment class where we would determine the
        > channel involved with the area of
        > > pain and needled a point within the circuit of the
        > area of pain?  Like needling
        > > Li11 for medial knee (spleen channel) pain?
        > Except in the pulse class we
        > > are using the pulse to tell us where to begin.
        > >
        > > 2. Would these treatments have lasting affects?  I
        > have done it in the
        > > clinic last Thursday on a patient with rheumatoid
        > arthritis.  She was
        > > significantly better, but for how long?  I will
        > see her again this Thursday.  She may
        > > also require more than weekly appointments.
        > >
        > > 3. In the cases of, say, autoimmune disesases,
        > would this type of treatment
        > > affect the underlying condition and offer a more
        > permanent resolution of
        > > their problem or is it for temporary pain control?

        > > 4.  Is the basic idea, in a very general sense, to
        > remove blockages to qi
        > > and blood flow and therefore allowing the body to
        > operate effectively and
        > > efficiently so disease cannot inhabit the body?
        > >

        > William R. Morris, LAc., OMD, MSEd
        > President, AAOM
        > 310-453-8300 phone
        > 310-829-3838 fax
        >
        > "How do we know it is destiny? Because it is."
        >
        > This message is a PRIVATE communication. This e-mail
        > and any attachments may
        > be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you
        > are not the intended
        > recipient, do not read, copy, or use it, and do not
        > disclose it to others. Please
        > notify the sender of the delivery error by replying
        > to this message with the word
        > delete in the subject column, and then delete it and
        > any attachments from
        > your system. Thank you.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

        The mission of this group is to provide a forum for the discussion of pulse diagnosis so that a depth of understanding is furthered.