archived messages

  • Will Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2000
      WIll:
      Robbee Fian inquired as to formulas for the treatment of Blood Heat
      and Blood Thick conditions. This is my response....Will

      Leon occasionally uses Dang Gui and Gardenia for Blood Thick and
      Heat....this formula is harsh and if the current condition is related
      to Spleen Qi Xu, or any other damaged essential substances for that
      matter, then it is innapropriate.

      Gentle transformation of Blood Heat begins with Mu Dan Pi (Cx Mutan)
      and may continue with Chi Shao (Rx Peonia rubra)........Blood thick
      should contain Blood Activators, Heat Clearing agents, and possibly
      Water Transforming and or Phlegm Dissolving agents. Herbs should be
      included that embrace the etiology.........there is no "party line"
      per se on this material, it is up to us to define that which will be
      an effective treatment by a sound theoretical and experiential
      approach.

      It would be helpful to begin addressing issues such as this in open
      forum for DRS teachers and senior students.......how do feel about
      using this communication as an inauguratory posting for this? I am
      interested in what others have to say on the subject and what
      experience there may be in the form of successes and failures.