Re: [PulseDiagnosis] Re: serial comma???

  • geo
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2003
      > geo> Jim, interestingly your comments point to probably
      the
      > very same phenomenon: E/E block. Often at the entry point of
      the
      > meridian that is depleted is quite sore (and often more intensely
      on one side). It seems that the Qi got blocked there and is unable
      to "enter". Most often then not these "muscular tension" is in fact
      a result of psycho-emotional issues (jsut as most modern inbalances
      are...).

      Geo:

      In this case, I was just thinking of it being blocked due to the
      weight training; but we see it that way too, as it is often a
      product of general stress. I often refer to it during seminars.

      And for example, blockage at Lu1 (along with GB21 and SI 11) happens
      from various stresses in each case of breast cancer--often years
      before the cancer becomes an actual problem.

      Jim Ramholz

      geo> Lets face it: body building - past a certain amount - is
      a symptom of psychological imbalance. A sense of inner insufficiency,
      or just susceptibility to propaganda

      The mission of this group is to provide a forum for the discussion of pulse diagnosis so that a depth of understanding is furthered.

    • WMorris116@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 4, 2003
        In a message dated 7/31/2003 2:38:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time, inandor@... writes:

        geo> Hi bobbi. I would say that the meridian circuit is circular. Why would you point to any meridian as the "first"?

        Geo -

        You are right, according tot he Nei Jing, the flow in the conduit vessels does not stop, it circulates without break. However, the Nei Jing also states that the flow of ying qi begins in the hand Tai Yin. Deke Kendell gives the opinion that it is due to the critical role of the lungs in breathing vital air that the lungs are first.

        Chapter 16 of the Ling Shu states that when water and cereals enter the stomach, the refined and transformed substances will be transmitted to the lungs, overflowed in the five zang, and scattered in the hollow organs. The essence circulates in the channel tunnel and operates unceasingly reaching the terminal and starting again. This is identical with the laws of heaven and earth.

        Worsely had the vessels begin with the heart in his system, however, he didn't divulge his sources as far as I know. Therefore I would surmise it is his own elaboration and will retain the standard set forth in the Nei Jing.

        best thoughts -

        Will
      • James Ramholz
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 5, 2003
          --- In PulseDiagnosis@yahoogroups.com, WMorris116@A... wrote:
          Worsely had the vessels begin with the heart in his system, however,
          he didn't divulge his sources as far as I know. Therefore I would
          surmise it is his own elaboration and will retain the standard set
          forth in the Nei Jing. >>>

          Will:

          Theoretically, since the circut is a circle you can start/return
          anywhere. I have no information whether Worsley even read the
          classics---from his writings, it seems that he did not.

          Jim Ramholz
        • James Ramholz
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 5, 2003
            --- In PulseDiagnosis@yahoogroups.com, WMorris116@A... wrote:
            However, the Nei Jing also states that the flow of ying qi begins in
            the hand Tai Yin. Deke Kendell gives the opinion that it is due to
            the critical role of the lungs in breathing vital air that the lungs
            are first. >>>

            Will:

            Lung is sometime considered central because the first cry or breath
            at birth starts the individual circut. If I remember correctly,
            before birth, oxygen comes through an artery from the placenta,
            through the navel, direcly to the heart; bypassing the lungs. When
            we hit the air, that circut and artery closes and the lung circut
            opens; and we move from the influence of prenatal bagua to postnatal.

            I was also just thinking that it fits with the meditation
            perspective that if you can control breathing, you can control the
            mind, emotions, and other physical processes. So, by coming back to
            the breath, lung function helps reset all the biorhythms.

            Jim Ramholz
          • Sean Walsh
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 5, 2003
              --- In PulseDiagnosis@yahoogroups.com, WMorris116@A... wrote:
              However, the Nei Jing also states that the flow of ying qi begins in
              the hand Tai Yin. Deke Kendell gives the opinion that it is due to
              the critical role of the lungs in breathing vital air that the lungs
              are first. >>>

              In the Point Location and Point Dynamics Manual by Rogers and Rogers, there is also a refernce to the Lung and especially to Lung 1 (Zhongfu) as being the first point of the Jing Luo system, drawing Zhengqi from the lungs to the body surface for distribution.

              Sean.

              Will:

              Lung is sometime considered central because the first cry or breath
              at birth starts the individual circut. If I remember correctly,
              before birth, oxygen comes through an artery from the placenta,
              through the navel, direcly to the heart; bypassing the lungs. When
              we hit the air, that circut and artery closes and the lung circut
              opens; and we move from the influence of prenatal bagua to postnatal.

              I was also just thinking that it fits with the meditation
              perspective that if you can control breathing, you can control the
              mind, emotions, and other physical processes. So, by coming back to
              the breath, lung function helps reset all the biorhythms.

              Jim Ramholz

              UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F

              DISCLAIMER
              This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
              confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, do not
              read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
              immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
              are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
              and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
              Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
              viruses and defects.
            • pulseman98
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 5, 2003
                There are some pictures, about how the breathing affects the elements.

                http://tiger-tele.com/pas/english/monitor.htm

                --- In PulseDiagnosis@yahoogroups.com, "James Ramholz"
                <jramholz@y...>