My Mother's Passing

  • WMorris116@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2002
      Dear Friends and Colleagues,

      This past quarter has seen a slowing of the list. This is my responsibility and is directly tied to my mothers illness and eventual recent passing. I cared for her treating her most days after work this left little time for attention to the list. This is a portion of my eulogy to her.

      Joyce's life – Mother, the Wound, The Teacher

      Song of the Flower (Paraphrased from Kahlil Gibran)
      'Joyce is a kind word uttered and repeated by the voice of nature; she is a star fallen from the blue tent upon the green carpet. She is the daughter of the elements with whom winter conceived; to whom spring gave birth, she is the coming of light; at eventide she joined the birds in bidding the light farewell.
      The plains are decorated with her beautiful colors and the air is scented with her fragrance. As she embraces slumber the eyes of night watch over her, and as she awakens she stares at the sun which is the only eye of day.'

      Mom was surrounded with the love of family and friends and transitioned peacefully and painlessly. As the sun went down that evening, a golden light filled the sky and lit the hills surrounding the valley. I believe this is a testament to how she lived her life.

      She was dedicated to her mission of spreading Reiki and traveled away from home, working tirelessly to spread healing light and love. We miss her deeply and at the same time feel her presence and intention as her work continues through those individuals whom she empowered. I for one am grateful for the gift of Reiki she has given me and am committed to fulfilling her desire that I continue teaching this work.

      As she often said, "Shanti"

      It is my wish that each of you a deepened appreciation for loved ones and family during this holiday season.

      Will Morris

    • Carolatsorigcntr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2002
        So sorry to hear of your mom's passing, although it sounds like she did so peacefully.  Take care of yourself,
        cd
      • bobbiaqua@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2002
          Hi Will,

          I just wanted to add my condolences for the passing of your mother. My blessings on you and yours. She was fortunate to have you with her.

          Love,

          Bobbi Aqua