Welcome to the Pugio Group!

  • John
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2007
      Welcome new members of the Pugio Group.
      Feel free to post more photos links and files about Pugio Design
      Originial Pugios and Reproductions. Group is also to help Pugio makers
      with producing quality reproductions for the reenactor market.
      John LEGOV Tennessee
    • P. Atilius Crispvs
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2007
        --- In Pugio@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jkaler48@...> wrote:

        > Welcome new members of the Pugio Group.
        > Feel free to post more photos links and files about Pugio Design
        > Originial Pugios and Reproductions. Group is also to help Pugio
        makers
        > with producing quality reproductions for the reenactor market.
        > John LEGOV Tennessee

        John,

        Thanks for setting this group up. However, please try to ensure
        that you maintain a good level of quality. Wherever possible, try
        to state where the pugio or sheath was found and where it is kept
        and try to avoid posting up incorrect reconstructions like the old
        Deepeeka versions, as this will mislead people.

        If I get time I may set up a folder with photos of original sheaths
        which would also include their typological classifications and
        catalogue numbers according to Scott and Obmann's catalogues.

        Crispvs