Third Annual City Wide Gaming Event - May 19 and 20, at Game Stores All Over CS

  • Shannon
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2012

      The Third Annual City Wide Gaming Event (CWGE) will take place on May 19th and 20th in Colorado Springs.  If you are unfamiliar with the CWGE, it is a two day weekend community event sponsored by Gaming Events in the Springs and the local game stores in town, held once a year. It is an opportunity for all game stores in town to offer their specialties in gaming; be it miniature games, CCGs or other card games, boardgames or RPGs, and for everyone in the Colorado Springs gaming community to come out and game.  Gamers are encouraged to both move all over town, experiencing the wide variety of games being offered by local independent game stores, as well as support their FLGS. This is a great community and game related event.

      What you should do to get involved:
      If you want to GM or host game(s) please check with your FLGS to see if they plan to participate in the CWGE, or encourage them to do so, and for them to contact me (slliska@...).  If you can't find a FLGS that is participating, or have questions pls also contact me.

      If you are a gamer, we hope that you will mark May 19 and 20th on your calendar, and plan to attend the CWGE at any or all participating independent game stores.   Many types of table top gaming is planned to be offered.

      If you are a blogger or otherwise have a way of getting the word out about the CWGE, pls contact me ASAP as well.

      Hours will vary by store, all gaming is FREE unless specified for tournaments or contests with prize support.

      Registration and Game schedule to be posted when it become available.

      At the time of this writing, this is the the list of participating game stores in alphabetic order:

      Castle Games and Gifts, Compleat Games & Hobbies, Gamer's Haven,

      Muse Comics + Games, Petrie's Family Games, The Yellow King

      Dave Koster set up a local no-shipping math trade to be completed on Saturday 19 May at Petrie's Family Games.

      The Geeklist has all the info you need. This is fun and easy, even if you've never done a Math Trade before.

      Anyone in the Colorado Springs area (including Denver and Pueblo, of course) can participate.

      You just need to commit to delivering games in person (or paying BOTH $hipping cost$).

      The Trade Geeklist is here:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/141098

      Please note the deadlines, the closes to entries is Wednesday May 9, 2012 at 8:00 MDT

      the Discussion thread is here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/794832

      Please participate and tell all your friends - the more games in the mix, the better chance we all have of completing trades.  Dave is available to answer questions and concerns.