Re: [PuddleDuck] Finally finished

  • John Huft
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
      YEAH!!!!

      Living the dream...

      From: Thomas Mauer <mauert@...>
      To: PuddleDuck@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, May 31, 2011 8:59:24 PM
      Subject: [PuddleDuck] Finally finished

      After three days of frantic work in the good weather I finished Water Dancer. I still need to properly tension the sail and attach the leeboard. I uploaded our build pictures this afternoon. We will launch for the first time this weekend in Elk Neck Maryland at the Mid-Atlantic Messabout.

      Looking forward to sharing our first launch with everyone there.

      -Tom #537

    • Seth M
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
        Congratulations, have fun, recruit a photographer. Don't expect everything to work perfectly, don't get discouraged if it doesn't. Fixing, improving, tweaking... you'll need something to do on the rainy days. :)

        Seth

        To: PuddleDuck@yahoogroups.com
        From: mauert@...
        Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 01:59:24 +0000

        After three days of frantic work in the good weather I finished Water Dancer. I still need to properly tension the sail and attach the leeboard. I uploaded our build pictures this afternoon. We will launch for the first time this weekend in Elk Neck Maryland at the Mid-Atlantic Messabout.

        Looking forward to sharing our first launch with everyone there.

        -Tom #537

      • Lenny
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
          Here was my three main worries when I launched #434 "Buttquack". All else was minor stuff. Have fun!
          Lenny

          Worry #1 Water is outside boat. Is water outside boat attempting to come inside boat?
          Worry #2 Is water outside boat coming into boat faster than wet sailor can remove said water with a bucket or sponge? If water coming inside boat is gaining upon said wet sailor trying to remove said water, please see worry #3.
          Worry #3 How far is it back to shore? How far can wet sailor swim? These two distances do have a very important relation to one another.