Mary Watson PRYOR/PRIOR born March 1, 1827 Maine

  • gail_veve
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2006
      I found Mary Watson PRIOR/PRYOR wife of Samuel Augustus PARKER in
      the 1850 census in Saugus, Essex, Mass. They have two young
      children in their household; Daniel Augustus PARKER a 2 yr old, and
      Hannah M. PARKER a 5 month old. But in the same household is Eliza
      A PRIOR age 19 and a Sarah PRIOR age 16. Mary Watson, Eliza and
      Sarah PRIOR are all noted as being born in Maine. Eliza Ann PRIOR
      was my Great Grandmother. She was born in Seavey's Island, Kittery,
      York, Maine on 02 Nov 1831. The 1850 census that I have mentioned
      does not indicate the relationship of the PRIOR girls. I think that
      they may be sisters, since there ages are too close to be parent and
      children.
      It is also an interesting note that Mary Watson (PRIOR)
      PARKER has a grandson named George 'CUSHMAN' PARKER; and my
      GreatGrandmother named 'a son Andrew 'CUSHMAN' REMICK. The given
      middle name of 'CUSHMAN is sigificant. There was a CUSHMAN PRIOR in
      Kittery, York, Maine who married Deborah Randall (TREFETHEN)PRIOR
      and raised a family there between 1820 to 1860. The 1840 census for
      Cushman PRIOR indicates that he had 3 sons and 7 daughters in his
      household. But by the 1850 census, he only had 3 sons ( Daniel,
      John, and George) and 1 daughter, 17 yr old, Lydia PRIOR, living
      with him. By the 1870 census, Cushman PRIOR and wife Deborah were
      living in Stratham, Rockingham, NH. Deborah died in Stratham, NH in
      1821. I have not been able to find Cushman PRIOR after this 1870
      census.
      Can anyone help me connect the PRIOR/PRYOR girls to Cushman PRIOR?
      My first cousin sent for Eliza Ann PRIOR's birth certificate but the
      state of Maine was not able to help. I am hoping that someone out
      there may have a family bible or other information that will help me
      connect the Eliza, Mary and Sarah PRIOR to their parents. Mary
      Watson (PRIOR) PARKER lived in Saugus, Essex, MASS up until the 1900
      census where I last found her living in her son E. Chester PARKER's
      household where she was 73 yrs old. I have not been able to find her
      in any census after the 1900 one.
      If you can help, either prove or disprove my theory that these PRIOR
      girls were children of Cushman PRIOR and Deborah Randall (TREFETHEN)
      PRIOR, please email me at <gail_veve@...> Thanks.
      Gail (REMICK) Veve