Java Swing Client Application Development

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2009
      Software Developer / Architect

      Job Description:

      We are a growing software company in Ann Arbor that caters to high volume real estate and leasing companies across the U.S.

      We are looking for exceptional people to complement our growth -- people who like to grow with us and be part of a truly exciting endeavor long term.

      What we seek are individuals who are not content with being employed for the rest of their lives in a large corporation ("a small cog in a huge wheel"), but who seek more in life, who care and have passion for what they do, and who have a pride for their work and results they deliver in their community.

      The engagement will begin with a small short-term project and may consequently grow to larger and longer-term projects. Coding initially will start at around 1*-12 hours per week and may grow with over time.

      Candidates should feel very comfortable and be knowledgeable in coding Java client applications and using programming tools. A working knowledge in Document Modeling is essential.

      Prior experience or involvement in the following areas is helpful:

      1. Programming Tools
      1.1. Eclipse
      1.2. CVS (from w/in Eclipse)
      1.3. JUnit / Test-infected development

      2. Java/OOP
      2.1. Basic OOP (classes, interfaces, inheritance, properties, methods)
      2.2. Public/Private/Protected & hacking via overriding methods
      2.3. Beans
      2.4. Property change listeners
      2.5. Events / Actions / ActionListeners

      3. Threads & Synchronization